Chapter 34

Taehyung checked their surroundings one last time before pushing the door open and pulling Jungkook in after him.

The room looked like a mini library, with a bunch of couches and tables to study on if one wished. There were five shelves filled with books that Jungkook stared at, they all looked like they weren't ones in their own library and he then saw a book titled 'Life Sources' and he picked it up, just out of wonder, but then Taehyung came up next to him and he turned to the witch.

"This place is amazing, I can't believe you actually found it and knew how to get in." The witch smiled and nodded, grabbing another book about spells and curses and pulled Jungkook over the to the couches.

"How much do you know about curses, Jungkook?" The fairy cocked his head to the side and frowned.

"Not much, just enough because were supposed to write an essay about it for our next Spells, Curses & Ancient Rituals class." Taehyung nodded and then opened the book, opening a specific page and handing it to Jungkook, pointing at a paragraph and Jungkook read the titles.

"Curses for one who wishes to find his best match..." He frowned. "But isn't finding one's best match a good thing? Why is it labeled under curses...?" He looked up at the witch who turned the pages a few times and then left it at another, waiting for Jungkook to read.

"Another curse that's not very commonly used to find your best match, is the Eye Curse. It's a curse that doesn't allowed the cursed to partake in any sort of romantic relationship with anyone but their best match and should they attempt or even make eye contact, the person would immediately get on their knees and bow their heads to the ground so they wouldn't be able to do anything. The only way this curse is broken, is for the cursed to find their best match..."

The fairy trailed off, not needing to read anymore to understand what's happening. It was silent until Jungkook spoke.

"So...how did you get cursed?" Taehyung looked to his right, feeling the blush crawl up his face.

"My great-grandfather thought it would be a good idea to curse his child with this so that he would find his best match. And the family has been like this ever since, we don't know how to break it but my parents think it's a great idea. Finding the person you're the most compatible with, a person who would be good for you and your future." The witch had taken Jungkook's hand in his, playing with his fingers and the blush covering the fairy's cheeks deepened.

"Your curse broke when you met me, does that mean that I'm....?" A nod was all he needed to confirm his suspicions. Taehyung's eyes bore into his soul and he smiled slightly, intertwining their fingers.

"You know, I always wondered why you were only nice to me and why we got along so well. Better than even best friends. I guess the answer should've been obvious but, I'm glad you didn't spring everything on me until now. Even though we're practically in the middle of a war." Jungkook teased and Taehyung snorted, the edges of his mouth curling up, matching Jungkook's smile.

The fairy got up, pulling Taehyung up with him and kissed his cheek, a spontaneous decision that he did not regret when he saw the dark pink blush on the witch's cheeks.

"Come on, I want to read a few of these books before we have to go. They look like they're important."