6

I ran, completely forgetting how sore my legs were. I kneeled down beside in a panic. Blood was rolling down her head and she had a cloth tied round her mouth.

Someone broke into the building.
The window on the side of the room was fully left open which I guess the person left through.

Areum was crying with the little consciousness she had. I calmly took off the cloth on her mouth. She gasped for breath and signalled me to get her bag. I did as she tried to say and I opened it. It was clear that she was extremely out of breath and I saw an inhaler. Without thinking twice, I gave her the inhaler. She nodded at me and then used it. Once she regained her breath slightly she whispered "Mark, please don't leave me like everyone else. Everyone else lef-"

"Shh," I held her back for support "I'm not leaving you." I cradled her and she whimpered. I scrabbled around to find my phone. Dialling the emergency line, I called for police and the ambulance.

Within minutes, they both came and the police began to investigate. Whilst, they put Areum on a stretcher so we could go to the hospital. I didn't let go of her hand and she didn't leave mine either. I guess she needed me.

We reached the hospital and they took her to the emergency unit as she was hit on the head with something. The doctor came and thanked me that I found her on time otherwise it could've gotten worse. I impatiently waited outside until someone said I could go in. The tapping of my foot got intense until I heard my phone ring. It was Taeil hyung. I picked up.

"Uh, hyung"
"Where are you Mark? It's like 10 and you're still not back. We thought you'd come shortly after we came back. I'm worried for you."
"Well hyung, an incident happened at the S.M building and I'm at the hospital right now.
"ARE YOU HURT? OH MY LORD. I AM COMING RIGHT NOW. I AM SO SORRY, I SHOULD HAVE WAITED FOR YOU SO WE COULD GO TOGETHER."
"No hyung, don't come here because I'm not hurt. One of the workers got hurt and I managed to find her so I came to the hospital with her."
"Thank god. I thought it was you. Who got hurt though?" Taeil questioned.
"One of the group's manager, she got hurt so I'm just waiting to hear what the doctors are going to say."
"Well I hope she gets better and tell me any news, ok? And come back home soon, although the good thing is that we have a day off tomorrow so you can sleep all you like."
"Thanks hyung and don't worry, I'll give you an update and I'll try to come back as soon as possible."
"Don't worry Mark and stay safe, talk to you later."
"You too hyung. Byee"
I cut the phone off and I turned to see a doctor approaching me.

He told me I could go and meet Areum so I got up and started to go. I slid her room door open and seen her pale face. She had a bandage wrapped around her head and it looked like she had endured a lot. She seen me and started crying. Did I do something wrong? I slowly approached her and looked at her.

"What happened? Are you alright? Are you hurting anywhere? Do you need me to call a doctor for you?"

I was about to leave so I could call a doctor but she placed her hand on mine and squeezed it ever so slightly.

"No, I don't need a doctor. Nothing is hurting. I'm just so thankful that you helped me and didn't leave the room like the others did before." She started to sob even more.
I slowly got up from up of the side of the bed and hugged her very lightly. To my surprise, she hugged me back. I haven't felt this in a very long time.

"It's alright and don't worry, it's all over now. You're safe now" I said whilst I continued to hug her. "Who was in that room with you?"

"The group I manage, Red Velvet and their choreographers and trainers. They all seen me get hit but instead of helping me they all ran out of the door before they  got hit." She started to cry again.

"Don't worry. I'll do something about it. I'll try to get you to become our manager then I'll keep you safe." I never normally say these type of things but at this moment that's all I thought of.

"Thank you." She whispered and held my hand.

I woke up to see myself on the sofa right next to Areum's bed. I stared at her and she seemed to be in a little bit of discomfort in her sleep. It's probably because her head is hurting. I seen that there was extra kind-of-flat pillow. I picked her head up ever so slowly and placed it underneath her head.

"Why are you so delicate for?" I asked in a lower tone. "You were supposed to make me have a good time but you ended up being in a bad position yourself. I don't like seeing you like this. Like literally the other day, you were all bubbly and cheerful and now I'm just seeing you cry. I don't like seeing you sad."
I started into space and I never kind of realised that she was awake but her eyes were closed.