20

I woke up to see the light harshly beaming into my eyes. A few days had past since our first concert and we had to go back to SM to practice even more for our tour to come in North America. However, this time I wasn't dreading practicing because after our first concert I realised how important this was for me. Checking my phone, I seen messages from Areum.

Areum 🥰: good morning mark ❤️ I won't be able to see you at work as I have a meeting but practice well! I'll see you in the evening. Xx

Areum and I had planned to go on a date this evening. Even though I have to be really cautious with reporters finding out I don't mind as technically she's my manager.

Mark: ok I'll meet you later and have a good day xx

I dropped my to phone and went to the bathroom to freshen up for the day.

We had all got to our company and went through. I had a burst of energy today and feeling hyped I ran to the lift to get to the training room. Ever since Areum had that awkward encounter with our choreographer, I haven't talked to him properly but I'm hoping that doesn't affect our friendship.

We got upstairs and started the intense training for the day until night fell.

I got home and showered, ready to meet Areum. She told me she'd meet me in front of our dorm building so we could go together to eat. I put on a hoodie, jeans and a cap ready to leave. Everyone was exhausted today so I can tell you that no one would be seen leaving their respective rooms.

I left our apartment and went in the lift. My phone rang and it was Areum.

"Hey Areum. How are you?"

"I'm good. Just wanted to tell you that I'm waiting outside"

"That's fine. I'm coming down."

"Ok see you then Mork!"

"Hey!"
She cut the phone and I started laughing. She's so random at some times. She cute.

I got outside the block and seen that she was in the other side of the road. I waved to her to get her attention. She seen me and enthusiastically waved back. She came running crossing the road to come to me.

My face was emotionless. What just happened. I couldn't even pick up my foot to walk. The car sped off and in instinct I started running behind the car. How could they do this? I stopped and grasped my knees. Sharply, I turned around to see her unconscious. I ran back to her and held her in my hands. The dark red colour spread across her outfit. Splatters all over her face. I had no idea of what to do. I hastily picked up my phone and called the first person I could think of.

"Hyung... hyung"

"Hey Mark. What happened? Is everything alright?"

"No just come outside of our dorm building. NOW PLEASE."

Without hearing what he had to say, I cut off the phone still holding my precious Areum in my hands. Nothing should happen to her. I need her here in my life. I picked up my phone and called the ambulance. They said that they were coming on their way but I didn't know how quick.

From the building I finally seen Johnny running towards us.

"Oh my god. What happened here?!"

"Someo..ne just r..ran her over and left." Without knowing I started sobbing.

Johnny came and took a hold of my shoulders. "Don't worry Mark. Have you called the ambulance?"

"Yeah..."

Within about two minutes the ambulance came and took Areum out of my hands. Me and Johnny both followed and sat in the ambulance van next to Areum. I took ahold of her hand and didn't let go. I couldn't stop crying. I've never felt such attachment to someone in my life and now that I have, this had to happen.

"Chill Mark, she's gonna be fine." Johnny assures.

"What if something happens to her?" I couldn't help but think of the worse.

The sirens blared and we made our way to the hospital.