44

We were at the hospital and my heart was pounding. I wanted to run to her but that wouldn't help as I had no idea where she was.

"Come and follow me guys. The other members told me which ward she's in." Yugyeom hyung lead us further in into the corridors.

We entered an area and some men came towards yugyeom. They were wearing the same type of clothes so I guess they all work together.

"She's over here." One of them pointed as he said. And at that point, I just ran. Sprinting towards the door, I just stopped. Was I prepared to see her? What if this all goes wrong? No. I have to be strong enough to see her. I continued running until I reached the door.

Through the slim mirror in the door, I could see her on the bed. I just didn't know how to react. I wanted to cry but like there were no tears. So there I stood, with absolute no reaction.

"The doctor said you can go in and sit by her." Jaehyun hyung chased up and told me.

"Thanks." I barely uttered out at this stage.

I hesitantly opened the door and walked closer to her. Her cuts and bruises becoming even more clearer. My breath hitched. God knows how much pain she went through. If only I never let her come back to Korea and just kept her in my arms.

I took of my hat and ruffled my hair. I was annoyed, angry and frustrated. But mostly at myself. I'm basically useless. This is why I tried to keep away from relationships because I'm unknowingly careless. I can barely take care of myself so why am I also trying to care for others. It'll all just go wrong. But no, Areum was the one who changed my mindset. And if she's not here, then neither am I.

I shifted closer to her and slowly held her hand. I look closely at her shut eyes and just examined her face.

"Please.. just stay." I whispered. I bought her hand close to my face and caressed it along my cheek. I breathed in heavily, trying to stop the buckets of tears spilling out from my eyes. 

YUGYEOM POV

"Do you have any idea who could've caused all this too happen?" Jaehyun asked as we sat outside the room.

"Hmm we don't know yet but we found plenty of different fingerprints so it won't be long before we find out. The only problem is Areum's health and if she stays alive. She was in a really bad state. Don't tell Mark just yet but even the doctors don't know yet. Her vitals are that low." I tried to explain.

"Oh dear.." was all Jaehyun could say as he kept tapping his leg up and down whilst holding his own hands.

"I don't want Mark to go through the same thing I went through a few years ago. You know why I became an agent. I don't want anyone to lose a close person. Especially if it's their love. Like I did, like how I lost Suji. If I'm honest, I'm still not over it now. I'll never be able to hold her in my arms again and knowing that hurts." I looked down to my feet as I told Jaehyun.

He doesn't like talking much about Suji to me as he thinks that'll open up my wounds again. But the truth is that I remember her every day and the last state I saw her in. With slashes all over her stomach and hand prints on her neck. I'll never know why someone would want to do that to my Suji. That's why I don't want anyone to go through this unknown pain that I've been going through.

Jaehyun's told me a little about how ever since Areum started working with them, Mark has been in a much better place mentally. And knowing that if something happens to Areum, Mark won't be able to take it. I guess we might have to prepare for the worst.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEYYYYY!
So here was a lil background information on Yugyeom to give him some more character.

Also idk if I want a sad or happy ending for this story so if anyone wants to tell me their preferences, please let me know! I'll definitely listen to the advice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~