13

I got up and walked out of the living room. I went to go and check on Areum and seen that she was still sleeping. I slowly closed the door again and went to the bathroom.

After getting ready for the day, I walked to the kitchen and decided to make some breakfast. I finished making some simple food with tea and took it on a tray. I walked up to Areum's room and put the tray on her desk. Sitting on the edge of her bed, I observed her. She was sleeping peacefully and I didn't want to wake her up. However I knew that she needed to eat. I slowly nudged her and whispered for her to wake up. She slowly opened her eyes and stretched her arms. She looked a little confused but I told her that I made her food and that I'll give her a little time to herself. She nodded and said a little thank you before I left the room.

After a while, she came out of her room and went to get ready. At that point I just was watching tv. "I'm sorry Mark." I turned my head around and seen Areum standing behind me.

"Why? What happened?" I questioned.

"I was supposed to make you have a great two weeks but it's way past that and I failed to do anything for you." She lowered her head looking as if she was embarrassed.

"You've done enough for me already. You don't need to do more except one thing."

"Which is..?"

"To text me often. You need to at least message me once a day. That way I'll know you're alright."

Areum slightly smiled at my response. "Okay, I'll do that then."

"Let's go to work shall we." I suggested but it was like 'we-know-we-have-to-go-otherwise-we'll-be-in-trouble'.

We started getting closer to the building until Areum suggested we should go separately because of rumours. But I declined her offer. She was confused.

"Why? Do you want to people to write articles about you and me?"

"They can write articles about me being with NCT's new manager." I smugly said.

"Huh? Wait what?"

"This morning I was told that you'd be one of the new managers for Nct127 because we're more busy with promotions that Redvelvet at the moment."

She stopped walking and you could tell she was very confused. All of a sudden she smiled widely and gave me a tight hug. "Thank God." She whispered. I smiled and then we continued walking to the building without hesitation.