The Question

"What about Deku?" Katsuki asked. Sounding like his heart was about to break.

Ochaco looked shocked but also slightly guilty. "What about him?"

Katsuki let out a long sigh. "I don't want to ask this because I'm afraid of the answer but what are your feelings towards Deku? I've seen the way you look at him and I overheard you and the girls talking before the Provisional Licencing Exam about who you have a crush on. It wasn't hard to put two and two together."

Ochaco chewed the inside of her cheek. Worried that what she was going to say would scare Katsuki off or ruin what they had together. Whatever that was.

"Katsuki. I won't lie to you, because you've been so honest with me. I do like Deku more than a friend but I don't think he feels the same way back, not like he would ever tell me anyway. But honestly, what I feel for Deku, feels like nothing I feel for you." Ochaco tried to find the right words so as not to upset Katsuki when she had a realisation. "What I feel for him, is only admiration. He wants so much to be a hero and even when his quirk breaks his bones, he won't let that stop him. Not until he is the number one hero and I think that's why I like him. I don't love him. Not like I love you."

Katsuki hadn't realised he had been holding his breath until Ochaco has finished talking and he let out a long sigh. He could feel the final weight being lifted off his chest. "Thank you Ochaco, that answered my question. Now I have a question. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Ochaco's head felt like it was going to explode. Katsuki Bakugou had just asked her out. 'Mina is not going to believe this!' She thought. She could feel her cheeks getting hot, knowing full well that she was blushing and that her face had probably turned into a tomato.

Ochaco couldn't speak, Katsuki had taken her breath away. She quickly stood on her tiptoes and kissed Katsuki on the lips. Trying to give herself a minute to collect her voice. 'Katsuki has just asked me to be his girlfriend!' Ochaco knew what answer was going to be, she wasn't an idiot.

Ochaco could feel Katsuki's arms wrap around her waist like he had done the night before, deepening the kiss. Only this time he didn't pull away. Ochaco wrapped her arms around his neck, running her fingers through his hair. In the heat of the moment she forgot about everything, it was just her and Katsuki. She was so happy, that was until she could feel Katsuki pulling away, she opened her eyes to see that Katsuki was slowly floating away. Ochaco realised that she had accidentally touched the back of Katsukis head with her left hand, activating her quirk on him.

She quickly pressed all ten of her fingers together, stopping the effect of quirk before Katsuki got dangerously high to release him. "Release!" Ochaco shouted. Katsuki fell gracefully to the ground, landing on his feet in front of her. She looked up at him, worried that he was hurt.

"Katsuki, I'm so sorry. Are you hurt?" Ochaco panicked. When she looked at him, he had his signature smirk on his face. "What's that face for?" She said.

"Nothing, if you didn't want to go out with me, that's fine. But you don't have to float me away." He said jokingly. She hit him playfully on the arm with her fist clenched.

"Shut up." She smiled.

"We'll have to get you some semi fingerless gloves so you don't try and get rid of me so quickly."

Ochaco pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. "I wasn't trying to get rid of you."

"Calm down pink cheeks, I was only teasing you. Anyway, you never answered my question." Katsuki smirked.

"Do I really need to say it? Was the kiss not enough?" Ochaco smiled up at Katsuki, keeping her arm folded.

"Nope! I need to hear you say it." Katsuki laughed.