| Chapter Seventeen | Brice & Seto

"Don't let the past define you, you are a better you because you've learned from it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Five Days Later*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brice woke up feeling stiff and sore, he let out a groan, turning his head slightly before he felt a hand touch him and a voice accompanying it.

"He's waking up. Get the doctor!" They said making Brice wince at their loud voice. He coughed, his hand lifting up and touching his head, his eyes cracking open slowly, his vision obscured. He closed his eyes as his head throbbed in pain.

"Welcome back to the land of the living." A voice spoke. Brice's eyes opened, looking to his left, he blinked a few times to clear his vision and saw a doctor stood beside him.

"W-Wha..." Brice mumbled.

"General Azdel electrocuted you, you had third-degree burns on your torso and arms and on the side of your leg, you've been in and out of consciousness for the last three weeks." The doctor explained to him. Brice looked away from the doctor, his memories coming back to him. 'Oh right...I jumped in front of Renee and Seto...' He thought. "Think you can sit up?" Brice nods a bit, the nurse helping him slowly sit up, letting out a gravelly groan as he did. Brice looked at the doctor.

"W-Where's Seto now?" Brice asked worriedly. The doctor gives him a reassuring smile.

"The General is alright," The doctor said before looking at the nurse. "Can you get someone to fetch General Azdel?" The nurse nodded and leaves.

For the last five days, Seto has been providing his friends and a few of the recruits with training in fighting his father and Tristan. And while it seems to be going well, Seto still isn't confident in any of them and they could all see that Seto had doubts. But right now, Seto is teaching Ty how to use his dragon powers while the others watch the two.

"I can morph into a dragon..." Ty repeated. Seto nods, crossing his arms.

"Yes, you can, you are part dragon, you have the abilities to shift in and out of your dragon form. But since you are having trouble with your spells, I would hold off on it." Seto said making Ty frown.

"But the morph sounds so much cooler than spells," Ty said.

"How's your flying?" Seto asked him making Ty look away from him. Seto chuckled. "I thought so, learn how to fly perfectly before you learn how to shapeshift." Ty looked at Seto.

"How do you know so much about our spells?" Ty asked. Seto paused for a moment, losing his smile, making Ty lose his as well. "Oh...right. I-I'm sorry—" Seto looked at him.

"No, no, it's fine. It's just..." Seto said looking down at the floor. "I...I understand why you trust me, Tobias but you really shouldn't. You out of everyone should hate me the most. I'm the reason your memories are messed up—"

"You are also the reason I survived, Seto," Ty said. Seto looked at him, Ty sighed, scratching the back of his head for a moment. "I remember what happened before my memories were lost."

"You do?" Seto mumbled shocked. Ty looks at him and nods, lowering his hand down.

"Yeah, I-I do. I know you attacked me and such, but look at it the way Adam helped me look at it if you didn't do what you did to me two centuries ago...I wouldn't be alive today. Adam wouldn't have found me as he did and we wouldn't have become best friends, we wouldn't have met the rest of you guys, the Sky Army wouldn't exist if you didn't attack me. I know that probably doesn't make you feel better about what happened, but you can't blame yourself for something you were forced to do. You warned me to run...and I didn't run." Ty said making Seto stand froze in his place, staring at Ty. Ty gives Seto a little smile. "I forgave you, my memory isn't as broken as you guys think it is, I might not remember a lot of things about culture, language, and rituals, but I remember the people who were close to me. I remember you." Seto tensed up, stepping back.