| Chapter Twenty-Six | The Father And Son

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Family is the heart of your home,"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mitch frowned as Jerome had recoiled back off the obsidian frame and collapsed onto the stone ground seeing stars. Ashley and Vikk went to check on Jerome to see if he is alright since he has rammed into the frame three times now.

Mitch looked at Jerome. "You alright?" he asked.

Jerome's head nodded as he shifted from a beast to his normal human form. He sat on his knees, his paw touching his head. "Y-Yeah...Just..." Jerome mumbled before he leaned into Ashley for balance as he grew nauseous, her arms went around him to keep him upright.

"Wait, did you use your head?" Mitch asked walking up beside Jerome. Jerome nodded a bit earning shocked reactions.

"What?!"

"Why?!"

Mitch groaned. "You moron! You probably have a concussion now!" he said. Jerome nodded again, agreeing with Mitch wholeheartedly. His vision blurred for a second as he was having trouble focusing. He groaned. Mitch looked at the recruits. "Okay, Ashley, Tyler, and Vikk, you three are in charge of protecting Jerome now. We need to get to Sky to tell him what happened. Noah, Nick, you two come with me. Tyler and Statilia, you two stay here as well," he said.

He hated leaving Jerome like this, but he knows how bad concussions can feel since he's had them before. He doesn't want Jerome getting hurt anymore then he already is. 'Maybe Cassandra can heal his concussion with her healing magic,' he thought before he turned to leave but stopped when he saw Jordan and Sky helping Jason walk across the bridge. Mitch's hands balled into fists for a moment before he went to them, taking over for Jordan who seemed exhausted and tired.

"Why is he here? He should be outside," Mitch said. Mitch had heard the shouting and fighting, so he knew that they had awoken the dark mages. But he didn't know how bad things were.

Sky looked at Mitch. "I-I know. But he said he can break the Nether portal and I'm willing to give him the chance since I doubted Jerome could break it from the start," he said. Adam looked over at Jerome, seeing Ashley holding him up. His eyes soften. "Is Jerome okay?"

Mitch shook his head. "No, he has a concussion," Mitch answered. The two helped Jason up to the Nether portal. Jason stepped back to catch his balance making Adam grip onto him to keep him on his feet. Sky could tell that Jason was in bad condition, he looked physically exhausted and was in a whole lot of pain from the wither rash that is eating at his skin. Adam and Mitch helped Jason up to the portal frame, Jason's hand touching the obsidian frame. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before Adam saw the wither curse on Jason's arm flash out a grey glow and start to grow down Jason's arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seto crashed backward into the cave wall, feeling the jagged rock dig into his back making him grit his teeth at the pain. Vincent fired another spell at Seto, Seto was quick on his feet to dodge it. He didn't like the situation he found himself in. He was separated from the others, alone with Vincent but yet, this is just what he wanted. He needed to talk to his father, alone. He needed to figure out where things went so wrong with his family. He needed to know if there was anything Seto could have said differently in the past that would have made this situation for the better.