| Chapter Twenty-Nine | Moving On

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Your largest fear carries your greatest growth."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seto stabbed the shovel into the dirt, wiping the sweat from his brow. He's dirty and sweaty, mostly from the manual labor he put himself through. He turned his head, looking at the headstone and staring at it.

He looked away and let out a shaky breath before walking away from the grave. He walked up to the cliffside, feeling the cold night breeze hit him. He sat down, letting his feet hang off the side. He watched the ocean, watching the waves crash into the cliffside and retreat back into the ocean, feeling the ocean spray hit him which felt cool to his skin.

He watched it until he heard a loud explosion and saw a blast of color. He looked up at the starry sky, seeing fireworks.

It's been two days since the victory against Vincent and the celebration of the victory that started yesterday hasn't let up or stopped since. Seto only stayed at the base to let Quentin treat his injuries. But once he was given the all clear to leave, he stayed for about an hour at the party to appease his friends and slipped out to get some air and just never came back. He went back to the battlefield and found his father's body. He stole a shovel from the Sky Army equipment storage and went to the island north of the Kingdom of Dragon's main island. He dug a grave and buried his father in it.

He knows that a lot of people are gonna be against what he did, giving his father a named grave...but he doesn't care. He's buried his mother, sister, and now his father. He's buried his entire family despite the horrible things they did to him. People may say he has valid reasons to not care about them...but Seto knows he'll regret not going the mile to give them a proper bury because of all the good times they had as a family, before the dark magic snuck in and ruined everything.

He let out a shaky breath, his eyes glancing down the ocean as Dan's firework lit up the sky in various colors. Seto felt his emotions welting up, he's done well in being cold and not crying. But now that he's alone, he's having trouble. He rubbed his eyes, wiping away tears that threatened to fall from his eyes.

He cracked a small smile. "Was this what you saw in me, King Glyenn?" he mumbled before looking up at the sky. "Don't worry...I remember my promise to you. Took me a while but...I think I can finally do it..." he said. He looked back down. "I owe you that much at least..."

He sat in silence, listening to the fireworks go off, hearing the cheering and music from the base and from the Kingdom of Dragons as well. Everyone is celebrating, everyone but Seto.

He doesn't blame them for celebrating, but he just doesn't feel right celebrating alongside them. He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard wings flapping and he assumes they landed because the flapping stopped and soft footsteps came up behind him instead. He brought up his right leg, resting his foot against the ground as he hugged his leg. He had a feeling of being watched, he was just wondering when they were going to finally come out. He saw them sit down beside him, his eyes glanced to see it is Rosani.

She leaned back, looking up. "Those Sky Army sure know how to party..." she said making Seto smile a bit and nod, agreeing.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we've been able to celebrate a victory," he said.

She looked at him, wondering if she should address the elephant in the room...or rather the freshly dug grave only a few dozen feet away from them. She watched Seto during the party, she was surprised to see he was even there, but wasn't surprised when she saw him leave. "You doing okay?" she asked.