Chapter 6- Masquerade ball

⬆️⬆️⬆️ LAYLA ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Alaric took one look at her, and his heart felt something he had never felt before. He thought she looked extremely sexy, and was beginning to think twice about going to the dance.

"Well... how do I look?" she asked, again.

"You look absolutely stunning." he said, trying to hide his smile. "That dress on you is perfect, it brings out the beautiful olive colored skin tone you have, and the color of your eyes... wow, the grayness of them, really stand out... you're absolutely beautiful."

Angeline walked over to them and stood next to Layla "Now you have two women to keep your eyes on tonight." she smiled, nudging Layla. She giggled, and looked over at her "I'm only kidding... this will be an interesting night, Alaric has never brought anyone to one of these before, he might shock everyone."

Layla looked over at Alaric and smiled "How come?"

He tightened his lips and shrugged his shoulders "I never had anyone worth bringing."

"Don't let him fool you, he's never believed in love, and always avoided the situation." Angeline said, while looking at Alaric.

"Maybe we should get going." he said, trying to change the subject.

Angeline smiled "See?"

While Layla was in the other room talking with Angeline, Alaric could feel Layla was curious as to how many humans he had brought home, and knew he needed to clear the air on that. He placed his arm around Layla's waist and began walking her out. "Is your sister not coming with us?"

"No, she'll be meeting us there."

She stopped and turned around "Thank you for the dress."

Angeline waved and smiled "Have fun!"

On the way to the ball, she was curious as to who was all going to be there, and wasn't sure if she would fit in, making her a little nervous. Her phone started to ring, she pulled it out of her purse, saw it was Trevor, and put her phone back into her purse.

Alaric glanced at her, he could read her mind, and knew it was Trevor trying to call "Why didn't you answer it?"

"Because, I'm with you."

"You could've answered it... you know, he'll probably try calling you again."

"How did you know it was him?" she asked surprised.

"I just knew."

He pulled into the parking lot, parked and looked over at her. He couldn't believe how beautiful she looked, and felt proud to be walking into the ball with her. "Ready?" he asked.

"I'm ready." She placed her hand on the door handle, ready to open the door, until he reached across for her hand, pulling it back.

"Let me get the door for you."

He got out, walked over to her door and opened it, holding out his hand. She stepped out, placed her mask on and grinned wide. "I feel extremely sexy right now."

"Maybe it's because you are."

"Maybe?" she questioned, while grinning.

"Let me rephrase that... the reason why you feel sexy, is because you are." He pulled her close to him and gave her a forceful, yet passionate kiss "Shall we?" he asked, as he pulled away from her lips.

"I suppose I'll be the only human here." she said quietly when they started walking.

He laughed, and leaned down to her ear "You won't be the only one... don't worry, my parents have been throwing this party every year, for about ten years now. The people from this town have no idea who we are, and nothing bad ever happens."