Chapter 2 Speak of the devil and he shall appear

"What about this one?" I ask holding up a red sundress. I'm currently in the mall with my Mom and Liz. We've got plenty of new outfits but we are looking for one more and I'm loving this red sundress I'm holding right now.

"That's gorgeous sweetie." My mom says.

"I love it! Try it on!" Liz yells pushing me into the changing rooms. I try it on and look at my reflection in the mirror. I love this ,it fits me perfectly. I walk out of the changing room wearing the dress for Liz and my mom to see and they both gush over how beautiful I look in it.

"DAMN GIRL!" Liz yells. Damn this girl has no limits.

"We are taking that." My mom says and I agree. I go back into the changing room and change into my normal clothes and walk out as my mom buys the rest of the clothes. We walk to the car and put the shopping bags in the trunk.

"So ladies ,where are we eating?" My mom asks and Liz and I say MC Donald's in unison. Best friend goals.

My mom takes us to MC dees and we order our regulars and sat in a booth at the back. As my mom was speaking to Liz about a crazy car accident that happened yesterday on her shift, I was currently thinking of Connor and wondering who that girl he was fighting over. As I was thinking I looked to the door of MC dees. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Wait... Shouldn't it be think of the devil because I'm not really speaking? Oh well, it doesn't matter because I'm basically speaking to myself in my head  so it still counts!

Connor walks in with his best friend  Tyler. They take a seat in the booth next to us. Damn I really like him.
I take my eyes off of him and began listening to my mom and Liz. After a while we finally finnish eating and we begin heading to the exit. As I was getting out of the booth I tripped and ended up landing in someone's arms.

"Uhm.. I'm.. so... Sorry." I say moving away from the person's chest. I take a step back and it turns out Connor and I got out the same time. This is so embarrassing! Stay calm Kay. Breathe.

"It's okay. Just watch where you're going next time." Connor says and begins walking out with Tyler.

"What was that?!" Liz asks walking towards me.

"I tripped and fell into his chest." I say with no emotion so she wouldn't see how I'm really feeling ,which is just embarrassment.

"I can't believe you aren't even reacting about what just happened. I swear you are blind to not see how hot he is!" She says as my mom walks over to us.

"She is right sweetie ,he is a cute one." My mom says. I swear my mom and Liz are so alike.

"Nope sorry ,I don't see it." I say walking out of MC dees and towards the car.

"If you say so!" Liz and my mom yells in unison. Really too alike.

We get in the car and drop Liz off by her house.

"Bye Lizzie! See you tomorrow!" I yell as she gets out of the car.

"See you Kay! And thank you my non biological mother for having me with today." She says to my mom and walks off to her house. We drive off and I turn up the radio.

"You know, now that I think of it. Wasn't that Connor White back there at MC dees?" My mom asks parking in our garage. Yes I live a block away from Liz.

"Yes it was." I say acting like I didn't care as I exit the car.

"I haven't seen him since he was little , he has grown into a really handsome man, don't you think honey?" She asks. Why is everyone bothering me about him today. Aghh today is just horrible.

"I have no idea." I say taking the shopping bags out of the trunk.

"I should invite him and his parents over for dinner sometime." She says. Oh shit. Hell no! That will not happen. I cannot have Connor White in my house . What is this women trying!?

"Whatever you want mom." We walk upstairs to my room with my bags of clothes. "Thank you for today mom, I really enjoyed it." I say , genuinely I did it's just all this Connor talk makes me wanna cry myself to sleep.

"My pleasure sweetie and I'm glad you enjoyed it." She says walking out of my room. I close my room door and pack away all my new clothes. Once I'm done I face planted onto my bed and fell asleep immediately.

I wake up in the middle of the night with a nightmare. Aghh just another nightmare where I end up dying. I walk downstairs to pour me some water and drink it. It's now 00:30. I walk back upstairs and change into my a sweat pants and my sports bra. I climb back into bed and fall back to sleep.