Chapter 18 Let's play dare!

Kaylee's POV

I woke up to the sound of multiple voices. Where am I? I slowly open my eyes and look around the room. Suddenly I now remember what happened. Connor knocked me out. Damn, he has a hell of a punch. Why the hell was I so cocky?

"She's awake!" Liz yells. Damn she should lower her voice.

"Why are you so loud?" I ask groaning. That caused everyone to start laughing.

"Yup that's Kaylee for you." Nick says chuckling. I smile.

"How are you feeling Kaylee." Danelle asks me. I haven't seen her in a while. She has always been like a second mother to us, although she doesn't speak much but if we need her then she is there.

"I'm okay, just have a major headache." I glance over to Connor who looks like shit and is staring at his shoes. "Hey jackass." I say causing him to snap his eyes in my direction. I smile at him. "You have one hell of a punch, congratulations you are one of the first few people to beat me, well other than Kenny and my Uncle." I say. Not going to lie, the look in Connor's eyes before he knocked me out scared the hell out of me. It's like he wasn't there anymore.

"I'm really sorry Kaylee, I blacked out. I had no idea what I was doing, you just have a way of pissing someone off." He says scratching the back of his head. Well who would've thought he would've gotten pissed off by the fact of a girl beating him in a fight.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. It was nothing major." I say smiling at him again. Be nice Kaylee. He looks at me then he turns around and walks out of the room. Tyler following after him. What was that all about?

"Kaylee can you walk?" Kenny asks. Can I walk? I attempt to get up. My body hurts but I can handle the pain.

"Yup. Guess we gonna head over to my house now. Thanks for fixing me up Danelle. It's been good seeing you." I hug her and she hugs me back gently, probably knowing I'm fragile.

"Anytime hun. Drive safe and come visit more often, we missed having you guys here."

"Will do. Bye Kenny." I say giving him a hug.

"Are you sure you going to be okay driving?" He asks.

"I'll be fine, I promise." I say smiling at them. The girls and Nick says their goodbyes as I walk towards the locker to get my clothes and then head outside towards my car. I'm attempting to walk without limping. I look over to Connor and Tyler who seem to be in deep conversation. I wonder if Connor even cared that he knocked me out. He was probably only worried about his stupid lung. What a jackass. I walk over towards my car ignoring them. When I opened my door they noticed.

"Are you going to be okay to drive?" Tyler asks.

"Yup. I may have a few bruises on my face but that doesn't stop me from driving dumbass." I roll my eyes. Everyone should stop asking me that. I look over to Connor as he avoids my gaze. Jackass indeed.

"Geez. I was just asking. Be safe okay. Enjoy your sleepover tonight." He says. Oh I will. We will be getting drunk as hell tonight. My parents are both on a medical retreat this weekend. They said I could host a sleepover and they bought a bunch of alcohol for us to enjoy. They are fine with it as long as we don't drink and drive.

"Will do. Bye." I say getting in my car slowly so I don't strain myself. The girls got in after me. I didn't even notice them leaving the building. I look over to the boys. All 3 were getting in Connor's car. Tyler and Nick still sitting at the back and placing their seatbelts on. Good boys. I smile at them.

"Ready to get drunk girls?!" I yell in excitement.

"Hell yes!" They yell in unison. Let's go!

***