Chapter 11 The party. I remember everything

Have you ever felt so much pain that you just wanted to kill yourself so that you wouldn't have to feel that pain anymore? Yes, I'm asking you!

Well that's what I'm feeling right now. This pain sucks.

I can't seem to open my eyes but I hear mumbling.

I open my eyes slowly and look around the room.

I see Tyler sitting on a chair and Connor in a wheelchair.

"Hi." I say with my messed up voice. I wonder how long I was out for this time.

"Oh thank goodness, you're awake." Tyler says.

"How long was I out for this time?"

"A day. Apparently your body couldn't handle the stress which messed up your new lung a bit but they fixed it and you'll be back to normal and will be fine in no time." Tyler says. "But let me get the doctor to explain it more in detail for you. I'll be right back."

How many more lives do I have left? I basically died 3 times already. 6 more lives left. Hurray.

Wait... Connor...

"Thank you." I say.

"For what?" He asks. He looks kinda sexy in a wheelchair. Oh, Kaylee! Keep yourself in check!

"For saving my life. I don't know how I can repay you."

"Don't worry about it. Just take care of my lung."

"I will. I have a question though."

"Shoot."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why save me?"

"Your parents didn't have the same blood type and I did, I wasn't just gonna let someone die if I could have prevented it."

"Thank you."

"Stop thanking me, let's just forget about it."

"What do I owe you?"

"Nothing Summers."

"I'll pay you back somehow someday. If you ever need anything, let me know."

"Getting soft on me now aren't you?" He says grinning at me. "I like the bitch Kaylee better."

"Bitch Kaylee it is, 4 wheels." I say beginning to laugh.

"Hey! At least I can get out of bed." He says sticking his tongue out at me.

"Oh shut up."

I just realized something. This is the first time Connor and I were actually speaking and smiling together. This is new.

"Uhm sooo... Your parents don't have the same blood type as you?"

"No they don't. You know that."

"That's odd though."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well people with our blood type has at least one parent with the same blood type."

Wait. What?

"What do you mean?"

"One of your parents are suppose to have the same blood type as you. It's impossible for them to be your parents if they don't have the same blood type."

"Can we not speak about this?"

"Oh I'm sorry. Forget I mentioned it."

Suddenly the doctor showed up and filled me in on everything but my mind wasn't on my health right now. It was on the fact that one of my parents or both, aren't my biological parents. Should I confront them?

***

Today is the day I go back to school. I'm not fully healed but I can't miss out on more work. I'm not allowed to drive so Liz will be picking me up from school and dropping me off. My own personal Uber.

I make my way to her car.

"Heyyy best friend! I've missed you so much! I'm so glad you are alive! Fill me on all the deets sister !" Liz basically yells into my ear. Wow. That's my best friend for ya.

"Hi to you too." We both began laughing out of nowhere. Eventually we stop. "I need coffee and food before I get into everything."

"Way ahead of you." She says reaching out at the back. Coffee and food!

"This is why I love you!" I say taking a sip of my steaming hot coffee. "Hottttt!" I yell, trying to cool down my burnt tongue off.

Liz began laughing.

"It's not funny!"

"You're right. It's hilarious!"

"I hate you."

"You love me" she says pinching my cheek. Not cool.

I glare at her.

"Okay okay, chill. Time for the deets." She says. She is so annoying but I love her.

I fill her on everything. She got so excited but she was happy that I'm alive and sorry that she wasn't there to comfort me.

We make our way to the doors of the school and as I attempt to open the door of the school, it opens itself and slams into me. Ouch. I fall to the ground. That hurt. I say rubbing my head.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry Kaylee!" Connor says trying to comfort me. The idiot door slammed me. Does he hate me that much?

"Are you okay?" Liz asks leaning down next to me.

"I'm fine." I say rubbing my head and trying to get up but fall right back down.

"She might have a concussion. Let's get her to the nurses office." Liz and Connor attempt helping me up and walked me to the nurses office.

"Kaylee! What happened?!" Nurse Shannon asks helping Connor to sit me down on the bed.

"I accidentally pushed the school door open too hard hitting her in the head. She may have a concussion." Connor says. "I'm so sorry Kaylee."

"It's okay, I'm fine. I don't have a concussion." Maybe I do. I don't feel so good.

"Let's see." Nurse Shannon says testing me. I feel nauseous.

"I don't feel so good." I say crutching my stomach. Shannon immediately grabs the trash can and holds it Infront of me just in time for me to throw up. While I'm emptying my stomach, Liz holds my hair back and rubs my back.

Once I'm done I rinse out my mouth and wash my face.

"How are you feeling?" Shannon asks.

I was about to reply but suddenly I got a little dizzy and suddenly I started remembering things. Oh my god.

"Kaylee?" Someone says.

The night of the party.

I remember everything.

I...

"You lied to me." I say to Connor.

"What are you speaking about?" Connor asks.

"The party. I remember everything."

___

Dun Dun Dun

Cliffhanger 🖤