GENRES

Hello everybody. Hopefully those rules weren't too much for you. As I stated earlier I will not be accepting all genres. Since I am the only judge each genre will only have five accepted entries with fewer than 25k reads. Here are the list of genres I will be accepting along with what each genre entailed.

Action/adventure/mystery:
Books in this genre must have a main character that goes on some sort of expedition or trip, or some sort of action such as a war that directly effects the storyline.
A mystery book is designed to make the reader wonder about an event or about what is going to happen next. These books typically deal with murders or disappearances, but are not solely designed to scare the reader.

Chicklit/romance/teen fiction/urban:
Chicklit books must be told in the narrative of the female main character, or follow her life in some way, wether it be a lovestory or a book about how a break up is handled. Romance stories must have some sort of lovestory, wether it be love at first site or love that takes a while to be discovered, the love between the main characters should be a direct part of the story. A teen fiction book is typically a book written to appeal to the life of a teenager, usually containing the aspect of high school or a break up. Chicklit and romance books can be classified in this genre as well if the main character is between 13-19 years of age. A urban book is based in the city, or a metropolitan area. It can be many genres.

Fanfiction:
A fanfiction book is a fiction that usually features characters that already exist but with a different storyline or from a different point-of-view. I will not be accepting all fandoms, so please keep this in mind.

Fantasy/science fiction/historical fiction:
A fantasy book usually involved characters based in a different world or kingdom. Fantasy storries often feature mythical creatures.
A science fiction book features fiction involving some sort of scientific advancement or event. This can include an apocalypse, intergalactic discovery or technological advancement. Many sci-fi books can also be classified as fantasy books as they both are usually based in alternate or non-existent worlds or kingdoms. Books containing zombies or zomby apocalypses will not be accepted, sorry.
Historical fiction books often feature true historical events, but are frequently told from the point-of-view of a made up character. They might also be set in a time period such as the crusades or French Revolution.

Horror/paranormal/thriller:
A horror book includes a main plot that is designed to scare the reader in some way. These types of books frequently feature killing and gore, but do not have too. Please note that no books featuring zombies will be accepted.
A paranormal book deals with things from the other dimensions. Not all ghosts or demons have to be evil, think of Casper the friendly ghost, it's still technically paranormal, although most paranormal books tend to turn towards the darker side, therefore tying them to horror.
A thriller book is a book that is meant to keep the reader on the edge of their seat or also to keep them awake at night with curiousity. They do not have to be scary, although many of them are.

Poetry:
These books usually come in a collection. Many people use varying rhyme schemes or styles. There is no real definition of poetry, as there are almost no defined rules to the genre.

Short story:
These stories are short. They have a minimum of 250 words but a maximum of 9999 words.They usually tell a story over a very short period of time and really shouldn't be more than 5-10 chapters. oneshots also fall into this category.

Random:
For the purpose of these awards, if the genre of your book is already full, place it hear.

Thank you. The next chapter has the participant form.