Interview with @bunnygunny

Introducing... Bunnygunny

What is your Wattpad username?
Bunnygunny

what is the title of your winning book(s)?
Odes of Old

When did you get the idea to write your winning book?
10th of June, 2019

What are your inspirations for writing this book?
Originally I got the idea for the first poem from a song, intending to make the book an anthology of epic-themed poems. Along the way, I've introduced a main character with the goal of tying the stories together.

Are there any special dedications for your book?
Caladan Brood and Summoning, for being a great inspiration for the book.

How old were you when you began writing this book?
21

What do you believe the strongest and weakest part of your writing is, in general?
World building is my strongest point, and character building is my weakest.

How many drafts of this story do you have? If applicable, will you continue to rewrite? If applicable, do you think you will do a rewrite if you haven't already?
There are currently 2 drafts. They were written before the introduction of the main character, but I would love to implement them in some way that fits with the storyline.

What is one reason why you believe everybody should check out your book?
Curiosity.

If someone were to offer you a publishing deal tomorrow, would you take it? Would you still leave your work for us to admire on wattpad?
Yes, I would take the deal. I don't intend to ask for money from readers to enjoy my work, but rather support later on. All of it will always be free.

When writing, do you have a plot in mind, or do you write it on the fly, as you come up with it?
Sometimes I write with a basic idea in mind, but for the most part I stop a lot throughout the chapters to think what should happen next.

What, if anything, do you do to help yourself concentrate when writing?
Having a beer and, depending on the book I'm writing, music that goes with the theme.

What is the best piece of advice that you can give other writers?
It'll suck at first, and there will be a lot of negative feedback. Always take it positively and consider others' advice. You may be disheartened but you should continue writing. If you're still at the beginning of this hobby you'll notice the improvements, and the first one will be an amazing stimuli.

This could get very weird very fast, be honest, what, exactly, were you doing when you learned you won first place?
I was sleeping. A phone call woke me up and I saw the notifications.

What was your reaction when you read that you won?
Surprise and laughter. I checked out the other competitors' books and I had no idea I would win.

Do you have anything to say to your fellow genre competitors?
You are very talented and reading your work was a pleasure. I initially wanted to check out the competition, but it turned an enjoyable experience when I couldn't stop reading your books.

Is there anything else about yourself or your writing that you would like to add?
This question took the most time to consider an answer to.