"Magical." || Chapter eight.

Looking away, Phoenix went red and Miles was aware of this. The prosecutor began to walk towards his sister, discussing the day. Maya ran back to Phoenix to talk about anything she found interesting. Unfortunately for Phoenix, this was Pink Princess.

"And then the Pink Princess saves the da-" Maya was babbling on when Miles interrupted her.

"I apologise for interrupting you, Miss Fey, but Franziska and I have decided that we shall all meet at the beach at 9:30 AM, given that it is 7:45 AM now. This shall give us enough time to get ready and head down to the beach." Miles was as logical as always and everyone nodded before going their own ways: Franziska and Miles got in his car and Maya and Phoenix walked off.

When Phoenix got to his apartment, he put his swimming shorts on with a casual white T-Shirt. He picked up some sun cream, a drink, and his sunglasses before walking out the door. Miles had a similar attire to Phoenix, but Franziska and Maya both wore bikinis - Maya's purple, Franziska's white.

Maya got to the beach first at 9:15, then Miles and Franziska at 9:20, then finally Phoenix at 9:25. Maya went red at the sight of Franziska in a bikini, but tried to blame it on the sun.

"Now that everyone is here, shall we set up?" Miles spoke clearly.

"Yes, let's!" Maya was very eager to start, as she loved the beach.

After a few minutes of setting up, Maya ran into the sea.

"Agh! It's so cold!" Maya quickly jumped at the coldness whilst Phoenix laughed.

"Of course it's cold, Maya. Would you like me to come in with you?" Franziska gave Maya a small smile.

"Yes!" Maya immediately splashed the prosecutor as soon as she came in the water. 

Phoenix watched them as that one splash escalated into a full blown water fight and chuckled and Miles applied sun cream to himself before sitting down and reading a book. The light made him look even more formal than ever, and Phoenix smiled at the sight of him. He noticed how his eyes squinted carefully at the book, taking notice of every detail in the book. Phoenix sat down with him and began to read over Miles' shoulder before he heard Miles sigh.

"You know, Phoenix, it's pretty complicated to read a book with you breathing on my shoulder. If you would like to read with me, simply tell me." Miles looked irritated and Phoenix smiled as Miles put the book between them so they could both read. 

After a few minutes, Miles snapped the book shut.

"Hey, I was reading that!" Phoenix protested.

"Yes, but I want to show you something," Miles stood up and began to walk towards a cliff, gesturing for Phoenix to follow. "It's up here."

Phoenix looked up to see sandy stairs and hesitantly walked towards them. Miles, noticing his hesitation, took it as fear and intertwined his hand with Phoenix to help him up the stairs. The defence attorney went red but didn't remove his hand. Their hands were still holding onto each other when they got to the top. It was a grassy surface and you could see the whole beach from there. You could see the light from the sun glint on the water, it was magical.

"This is beautiful..." Phoenix was mesmerised by the sight and smiled at Miles.

"Indeed," Miles looked at him and gave him a small smile. "Now, it's time to make it up with you."

"Make it up with me..?" 

"Yes, I said I would at the airport."

"And how do you plan to-"

Phoenix was stopped when Miles put his finger on his lips, indicating him to be quiet.

"Hush." 

Miles grabbed his waist softly and tipped his head so it was near his own. Miles then kissed him gently. Phoenix kissed him back as they were both enhanced by the moment. 

Once they broke apart, they simply gazed at each other.

"Wait, where does this leave us?" Phoenix questioned.

"Well, perhaps you would like to go on a date with me?" Miles looked straight into Phoenix's eyes.

"I.."

A/N:

Wow, two chapters in one day? I'm so productive. Anyways, cliff hanger:). I hope you're enjoying this, have a nice day!