Until I See You Again

NAOMI'S POV:
Nick.

He's standing right there.

But I don't know what to fucking do. I don't know how to react. I don't know how to feel. Our eyes lock. For the first time in what feels like years our eyes lock and his go from worried to sad automatically. I wish I could see the look on my face cuz I sure as hell don't know what I'm feeling. 

Zion sits up hurriedly and speeds over to Nick, raising his voice. "Nick I swear today is not the day!"

And when I see him raise his fist I finally react. The situation finally hits me. "Zion NO!" I stand up and grab his arm, earning a hurt and confused look. 

"What for real Naomi, you still standing up for this dude? HE HURT YOU! No way I'm finna just let that shit slide." He brushes past me and charges towards Nick. 

"Zion STOP!" He doesn't stop. 

Brandon rushes past me and grabs Zion. "Let her handle this man." Zion finally calms down. He shoots me a look and then I remember why he's so mad. I look back at Zion and Brandon, and everyone else, they're all pissed, pissed for me, they've got every right.  I look at Nick and his face hits different now. 'Cuz I should be pissed too. This man had the nerve to grab me, saw the fear in my eyes and still didn't let go, he knew what he was doing, treated me like shit, told me he was tired of me, of us, of everything I had given him. So why am I still trying to give him the time of day? 

I'm not.

I walk up to him slowly and this nigga has the nerve to smile. 

"Why are you here, Nick?" I use the same irritated tone he got used to using on me lately.

His whole face drops. "I was driving home, and I saw your car in the driveway. I- I came to see you Ma'." He takes a step towards me, I take a step back. His eyes fill with hurt and he looks behind me, I follow his gaze. Everybody's glaring at him, supporting my every move, but I don't want them to be a part of this. I need to do this alone. 

"Let's go to the front." 

"Okay." 

We walk into the house and towards the front door. He tries to grab my hand and I jerk my arm back. 

His shoulders fall limp by his side as we walk through the front door and out into the driveway.  

"Can we sit in my car?" He almost whispers. I nod silently.

He goes to open my door for me but I hold my hand up and get into the car myself. 

I'm trying. I'm trying so hard to keep my walls up around him, so hard to stay mad because I know he'll just keep hurting me, but as soon as I sit in his car, as soon as he sits in his seat next to me. A wave of memories wash over me. I can't help but remember all the kisses, and the hugs, all the whispers and the laughter and the joy, all the butterflies, the feelings Nick made me feel, all of them. I'm trying my best to let them go. Tears stream down my face and my breathing is out of control. He reaches out to hold me but I jerk away from his grasp. 

"Ma' I'm sorry." I can hear the sadness in his voice, the need, I can hear the desperation. But I can't give in this time. A single tear slides down his face and I reach out to wipe it away, but I pull my hand back. 

"I know Nick, I know you're sorry and you love me and I love you and-" I take a shaky breath as I try to gain my strength back, " I know you need me and I need you but I can't. "

"What?"

"I can't do this anymore Nick, I'm done."

NICK'S POV:

"I can't do this anymore Nick, I'm done."

No. No this was not the way this was supposed to go. I can't lose her, I know this isn't one sided, why is she fighting us?

Because I keep fucking up. I keep hurting her that's why. 

I love her, god I love her so much, but I keep on breaking her heart and she's tired of having to put herself back together but I'm not going to do it again. How do I show her?

"No Naomi please. Anything you need me to do I'll do it, Naomi, I'll do it in a heartbeat, what do you need me to do?"

Her breathing goes back to normal and she looks at me with sad eyes. I try to rest my hands on tops of hers but she pulls away. She wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath.

"I need you to let me go." 

She looks down and gets out of the car, walking back up to the front door. Away from me, away from us. She's leaving it all behind and all she wants is for me to do the same. 

NAOMI'S POV:
Brandon is waiting for me when I get back into the house, so is everyone else. And as soon as I accept their embrace the tears come rushing back. Because we all know what I just did. I just pushed away the love of my life, the only person who can fix all of this hurt. 

"You did the right thing Kid." Brandon whispers. 

But I listen to Nick's car pull out of the driveway. It feels less and less like the right thing by the second.

                                                              >>---------->X<---------<<

Yo, shout out to @SHESADINOWHORE,  she been hype in my comments really making me happy. Fr when her comments popped up in my notifs I couldn't help but smile cuz I didn't think anybody would pick up what I was putting down. So thank you SHESADINOWHORE, ILYSM, ya'll should check her out fr. 

Aye...told ya'll my first three commenters were getting shoutouts, lmao. Ight until next chapter. 

Adios loves.