Chapter 13

Lilith's POV

That morning we made are way towards the mountain prepared for war , I hoped it wouldn't go that far and I knew Bard didn't want it to go that far either .

I saw Thorin upon a balcony in his castle the other dwarves alongside him . A arrow came sailing towards my father but missed and landed just in front of my fathers elk .

"take another step and the next one will be between your eyes"
Thorin bellowed

This was not the Thorin I knew . This Thorin seem selfish , vicious and uncaring .

"what's wrong with him?" I whispered to Bard

"he has dragon sickness , the greed has overcome him"
I nodded , it made sense .

However my Father looked rather pissed but showed Thorin the arken stone . This caused a look of greed in thorins eyes like nothing I had ever seen before .

"the arken stone , you stole it"
Thorin insisted

Bilbo then appeared behind Thorin

"I gave it to him actually , I was hoping that it would stop any battle if you was to trade for the things you both want"

Anger seemed to overtake Thorin as he tried to throw Bilbo over the balcony . I gasped as I was rather fond of Bilbo and thought Thorin was too . All the other dwarves tried to help Bilbo.

Bilbo thankfully didn't end up been thrown over the balcony . However then a large rumbling noise was heard and a army of dwarves appeared on the hill .

The leader did not look happy at all and his annoyance seemed to be aimed at my Father .

The dwarf army leader and my Father began throwing witty insults at one another however I had to admit it was rather amusing when the dwarf leader called my father a 'pointy eared princess' .

The two sides didn't seem to work anything out peacefully as the elves shot arrows at the dwarf army only for them to send some large spinning arrow that I had never seen before I towards the elven army and break all of our arrows and hitting quite a few of the elves .

The hills surrounding the battle started rumbling and large worm like things began making large holes in the ground and crushing rocks 

"oh come on"
the dwarf leader shouted .

Azog the pale orc then appeared on the hill a small distance away .

"come forth my armies"
he bellowed

You have to be joking . I looked at Bard who whispered to me

"stay close to me"

I frowned

"I can fight you know , I don't need protecting"

Bard nodded

"I know"

"why ask me then ?"

"Bard was about to answer me but then a large army of orcs came our way  . I fought and killed all the orcs that came at me easily dismissing them all .

"where the hell is Thorin and the rest"

I shouted to no one in particular . Then the door to Thorin's castle under the mountain cracked open and out came Thorin , the sons of durin and Bilbo who seemed to be on good terms with Thorin again.

"Thorin?Have you finally seen sense"
I shouted towards him , he nodded

"good to see you to Lilith"

I chuckled glad that the old Thorin was back  . I looked around to find Bard who was nowhere to be seen . I noticed a fisherman from laketown and ran towards him .

"where's Bard?"

I asked him . He pointed towards Dale and said

"it's overun"