The Good Ol' Hospital

After spending a few hours in the hospital, I realized how much time I spent not doing anything interesting. The night dragged on for ever, I couldn't get to sleep at all. Harri, however, went to sleep on the small sofa that was in my room a few minutes after I told him to. 

I sit up more in my small hospital bed, a small make-shift cast on my arm restraining my movements a surprising amount. I stare into the corner of the room as I recall the sound of Harry's voice and Louis' aggressive actions. In my defense, I never chose that life, so why force me to stay? I shake my head, knowing that if I thought about it too much, I will start to feel guilty. I look over at Harri sleeping, his perfect features still perfect as he slept.

He would wake up soon, vampires don't need that much sleep. I don't want to wake him, but at the minute I am feeling a sense of loneliness that I had never felt before; I didn't like it.

"Harri?" I whisper. He jolts awake, his blue eyes shinning brightly in the dark.

"What? What's wrong?" He asks, standing up, ready to defend.

"Nothing, it's just I felt really lonely..." I say, embarrassed.

"Oh, babe, scooch up." I smile and move slightly, creating a thin space for Harri to slip into. He climbs up gracefully and squeezes in as I giggle. He holds me to his chest, an IV tube lying across his neck. "Better?" he whispers into my ear.

"Yeah, thanks."

"No problem." I stay like that for a long time, but I still don't manage to get to sleep.

"Harri, what's your power?" I ask.

"My power?" He asks back, confused.

"Didn't you know, vampires get a power and sometimes they get two," I explain.

"I didn't know that, how do I discover it?"

"Did Harry turn you?"

"Yeah," he answers, "so?"

"You might have the same powers as I had, when I was a vampire the guys explained to me that vampires tend to get the opposite powers of their creators, if that makes sense," I try to explain.

"What were your powers?"

"I was a shield, which basically means other vampires can't hurt you, and then mind-reading slash hacking into people's minds and talking to them via that."

"We can't exactly test the shield thing now, but the mind-reading sounds pretty cool."

"It is, really handy sometimes," I reply, smiling.

"Quiet, I'm trying to see if I have this awesome power or not!" I giggle and stay silent, waiting for something to happen.

'...Hello?...' a faint voice sounds in my head, staticey almost. I tense and the voice returns, clearer this time. 'El? Can you hear me?'

'Yes,' I think.

'Hey! This is awesome!' Harri's voice is extremely clear and I smile to myself, hearing his pure enjoyment is fantastic.

'How did you not discover it before?'

'I never knew about it, so I suppose you telling me kinda brought it about, if you know what I mean.'

'Yeah, but I want to go to sleep again, I'm really tired.'

'I can tell, your thoughts are not clear and when you say something in your mind it seems lazy.'

'Alright stop showing off,' I giggle and he laughs quietly behind me.

'I'll let you rest.'

'Stay here though,' I think as I feel him move behind me.