Harry and Harri

I sit in the bed, staring at the spot Harry was just in, my mouth agape. I shake my head and close my mouth, no, it'll all be fine, Harry won't be coming back, but Harri will be. As soon as I thought that thought, Harri strode in through the door with food. He didn't tense up like I expected him to, he only scrunched his nose up in an unpleasant manner whilst walking to my side.

"You know about Harry, don't you?" I ask whilst eating my breakfast.

"Yeah, I hacked into your thoughts," he tapped his temple, "he can come visit whenever, just he can't touch you."

"Well, how 'bout that? A vampire who isn't overly protective of his mate, I like it," I reply, smiling fondly at him.

"Hey, you deserve freedom, you worked hard for it. You might be here for another night or two, and you have your surgery today. I have to go to work unfortunatly, I couldn't get out of it, sorry babe. But if you want, I'll bring your books and papers in if you want?"

"Yeah, thanks. It's fine, Harri, it honestly is, I have been into surgery before, this is no big deal."

"Oh yeah, remind me of that incident," he says, smiling. I groan happily.

"Fine. I don't exactly remember what happened before I ran into that wall, but what I do remember is running into it. I was dribbling a basketball during a relay race and instead of looking up to see how far away the wall was, I kept looking at the basketball, determined not to lose it. My face collided with the wall, my left eye taking most of the damage. My eyesight became incredibly blurred but passed after a few seconds and I began dribbling back as if nothing happened. But then I noticed red dots appearing on the floor in front of me; blood; blood from my head. I had to get stitches in," I finish my recital of my first bad injury.

"I forgot about that one actually, tell me about that other one, the one where you were running down a hill, tripped over yourself and somehow managed to sprain both your ankles and break your arm."

And so I did. We shared our injuries over breakfast until Harri had to leave to go to work.

I sat for a few hours, reading a book one of the nurses brought from the bookshelf in one of the offices. At three, after I had lunch, I went into surgery. However, whilst they were preparing for the surgery, Harry returned.

"Huh, going into surgery now?" He asked from the door frame.

"Yup, to fix the damage your old mate did to me," I replied, jokingly.

"Mate? Oh, you mean friend, right," he stared at me for a few seconds.

"Did you want to say anything in particular?" I asked rather harshly.

"Oh, no. Just that I miss you still, but my new clan's a lot better," he said whilst shaking his head.

"Good," I said through gritted teeth.

"Well, I'll let you get on with life, call me if you ever need anything," Harry said as he was given angry glances from a nurse that was trying to get to me. "Bye," he said whilst returning the look of anger.

"Bye," I called back to him.

I awaken to see a white ceiling above me, and a doctor's face hung over mine. He is speaking but I can't quite hear him.

"Elizabeth?" I hear him say at last.

"Yeah?" I ask sleepily.

"Elizabeth?" he asks again. I reply. The conversation between me and the doctor goes like this for a minute before he says something different. "We lost her, I don't know how though, I don't understand."

"I'm right here! I'm awake! Hello!" I say, trying to move my arms.

"Call her boyfriend, he might know," a female voice says.

"Yes, I'll do that now, stay here and look after her... well, her body." I swivel my eyes around for I couldn't move my head. I see the nurse looking at me in a disapproving manner. I start to think about how this could happen... How? It was a simple wrist surgery!

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

I can't think.

--------

My eyes are heavy, I try to open them over and over again. Eventually I manage to open them. My heart races. Am I dead? Where am I now? The ceiling above me is a different ceiling, but the colour is no different. I carefully try to twitch my fingers. They do. I move my head to the side to see Harri sitting in a chair, sleeping yet again.

"H-H-H-Harri," my voice weakly calls. His eyes flutter open slowly and a smile spreads gleefully across his face.

"Finally, you're awake, all went well, your wrist'll be in a cast for sometime but other than that, it's all good."

"How long have I been here for? Asleep, I mean."

"Only about ten minutes, why?"

"Just wondering," I reply. I don't quite know what all of this is about, me having these visions where I think I'm dead.

Maybe I can see the future, no, that's stupid. But there is always a possibility...

------

Hey guys, quite a short chapter tonight, sorry. Just a quick message to say that this book is nearing its end, yup, I'm going to conclude the book within the next few chapters or so. Thanks so much for 600 reads! This story has been up for such a long time and I have probably neglected it for a hella long time as well. But thanks again for reading!

Taby x