Chapter 29

"Finally" Posh sat next to Jisoo as he stretched himself "I can't believe they still nag us so much despite being a pack and all", he looked at Phana, who had his hands around Beam "I am sorry your surprise got spoiled"

Phana just smiled "all that matter is you are all safe and I have him with me"

"Is anyone going to talk about the elephant in the room?" Irin asked getting impatient "it's just us now", she turned to Kit "You better start explaining"

Jihyo and Jisoo looked at Kit too, while Phana waited patiently

"before all that, can you phase once?" Posh asked "I could still not believe a wolf could be beautiful"

"Stop flirting before he snaps you like twig" Jisoo smacked the back of his head, "Ouch... am not flirting, am just curious"

"Shut up" Irin snapped, "Ming, I am not patient like Phana and Forth, you better start talking now"

"let them speak" Forth sighed "you all have been bickering non-stop, so now shut up", he said in a stern voice

Kit smiled, sometimes it was as if Forth was the baby sitter who was always on the verge of exploding. Phana chuckled having heard what Kit thought, while Ming just burst out laughing.

Posh pouted at Forth's words but he held back his comment and turned his attention to Ming.

Ming took a deep breath, closed his eyes and when he opened it was blood red. "I am Kimmon, it is nice to finally meet my pack" he said with a smile, his fingers intertwining with Kit's as they both held hands. "I present to you Nila, my mate"

The group turned serious the second Ming started speaking, "I believe there is so much you need to know, so I will start from the very beginning"

"Should have picked up some popcorn" Posh whispered in Jisoo's ear who only frowned while Nila looked at him fondly with a smile and said softly "Posh... shut up before Irin kills you now"

"It was couple of millenniums ago where fairfolks, demons and humans all shared the earth, each within their own territory and it maintained the balance. Gods and goddess interacted freely with us for we believed in them and followed their words, unlike the present time" Kimmon said looking the young faces

"Maeve, the goddess of war and disruption slowly grew jealous of Diana, goddess of wild and moon. For every life in forest loved her and the Forest Spirit Janus was in love with her. He ignored Maeve, and together with Diana he only concentrated on protecting his wild.

This drove Maeve to the edge of madness where she tried to destroy the balance and with it the forest spirit. Her darkness fueled the demons and she slowly became the darkness herself" Kimmon paused waiting for any comments, and continued when he heard none

"Maeve, shattered Janus's soul into million pieces and scattered them to around the universe and one shred of his soul latched on to Diana from which she fashioned me" Kimmon said, as he looked at his mate "Diana, then created my mate and breathed her essence into her, making Nila an embodiment of herself"

"So you and Nila are a part of Diana and Janau's soul?" Jihyo asked

"No", it was Nila who answered this time "Goddess have no soul, they just exists they become either light or dark depending on their way of life – but they possess no soul. I carry her essence, for I am a part of her. That's all"

"Yes, that makes loads of sense" Posh muttered to himself, making Nila chuckle "Just think of it like when Jisoo created the protection ring – it was from her, it is a part of her.... But it does not contain her soul, the ring will exist as long as Jisoo exists or she breaks the spell herself"