2. The past.

Human history has proven its self to be nothing short of a disaster.

The bad engulfing all the good like a burning unstoppable fire.

After the third world war, duefully dubbed 'The Water War.' A new world wide government formed itself over all of us. As the population levels grew, the need for the limited resources that is fresh water increased. Everything was chaos as the air started becoming too toxic for us to breathe yet another product of human nature in the persute of 'development'.

So then 'The Order' rose to power as it gave humans an alternative, either join them and warship the alpha prime, lead by a dictator that goes by the name 'Kimura Prime' or suffer and face the harsh fate that is death. People say that he is some sort of living deity as he was able to turn everything around.

He built city wide domes called the 'utopia sanctums' he called it a place where only the 'worthy' can live. there he gave humans what he deemed to be a 'second chance at freedom' inside life was simple, and everyone equal living only one culture, one language, under his strict law. No one could have more than one child, no one could go against the government, and due to the historical events of man and racial discrimination, no one was aloud to see colour. The Kimura deemed this to be a privilege and an act of mercy toward human kind.

Human kind lived in peace and each one had an 'imprint.'

A mark that would appear on the skin when they bonded. A process called 'imprinting' where two beings are bonded to each other for the rest of their natural lives. And that couple would be eligible to give birth to a child at the means of insemination where the implants DNA is altered, making their child incapable of seeing colour, just different shades of black and white.

No one could deny the opportunity to live in the sanctum and follow the demands of the government. Because life beyond the sanctum only ment one thing.

Death.

I myself have never seen the outside of the sanctum, I don't think anyone ever has. I didn't see any reason why anyone could want to leave. Life is just simple. It's just very regulated, very strict and no one had any power to change it.

From a very young age all I knew was routine and timing, perfect to schedule everything. Wake up in the morning to clean myself and dress in my school uniform which was just plain white and simple, go down and formally greet my parents for breakfast, then head to school for formal education, which would prepare us for our future assigned jobs, then I would go back home and the process would just repeat itself over and over again.

One thing I found about myself was that I was slightly different from everyone else

One thing I found about myself was that I was slightly different from everyone else. I have noticed it from a very young age that no one could see it other than me.

I saw it in some of the covers of my books on the shelf, I saw it in bananas and lemons and many other fruits and vegetables, it had different tints and shades, I saw it in my friend, Lim Jaebeoms hair, in the roses by the school entrance and different shade of it shining on my mother's necklace. When I looked through history books which were very difficult to find.