Chapter Five: Sister Guidance

A car arrived in Mike's driveway and the kids all ran outside to greet each other. They group hugged what I presumed to be Will. Nancy embraced Jonathan and started kissing him. And Mike did the same thing with Eleven. She was no doubt the girl who contacted me, but as I remembered, her hair was longer.

I awkwardly stood in the background when I caught her glance. She didn't say anything, but she started to approach me.

"Hi." She said softly.

"Hi." I replied as I looked at her wrist. Sure enough, a tattoo of 011 was printed. She looked at mine and saw 007.

"You can bring Hopper back?" She asked.

"I can try, but I'm going to need your help with controlling my powers. Can you do that for me?"

She held both of my hands and smiled. "Of course, sister."

The others were catching up with Will and Jonathan outside while eleven and I went into the basement to try and focus.

"So Mike, huh?" I asked. She smiled. "He's very talkative." She laughed.

"Yes he is. So you and Billy, huh?" She replied.

"Oh Billy and I aren't together. Besides, who told you about any of this?"

"Max mentioned that Billy had only been in love once. When I arrived, she told me it was you." Eleven replied. I felt myself go red. There's no way Billy Hargrove loved me. He's a womanizer.

Eleven handed me a blindfold and turned on the television so that it was static. "This helps me focus." She said. "Picture yourself a few minutes in the past. When it reaches 12:04, walk downstairs."

I tried picturing myself a few minutes in the past, but all I could think about was Billy. How was this supposed to help him?  I needed to get him back as soon as possible. My mind was clouded and I just couldn't do it. I took off the blindfold and looked at El in disappointment.

"Try again." She said.

So I did, but my mind was still clouded.

"Again." She repeated. She repeated almost a million times when finally, I opened my eyes to see that there wasn't a blindfold, and I was standing in Mike's kitchen. 12:04.

I walked down the stairs to see Eleven smiling at me. "You did it, didn't you?"

"I made a note." She said and I chuckled at how simple the explanation was.

The rest of the day I spent training my brain to do as I said. It was about 8:00 when the rest of the crew entered the basement to give me a plan on what to do. 

"So here's the plan," Mike said while placing some documents on the table.

"First, you'll jump back to July 4th, 1985 at exactly 6:00pm. Will's mom has a convince store where you will retrieve a metal baseball bat some rope and duct tape. Get to the Starcourt mall by 7:30. At around 9:00, me and some of the others will pull up. Sometime after we arrive, Hopper and Will's mom do too. After they arrive, Billy somehow manages to remove the ignition cable form the car. When he goes to do that, knock him out with the silver bat, tie him up, and put him in the trunk of the Cadillac labeled "TODFTHR" the scoops troop will later drive away with him, taking him to safety.

"Now for Hopper, you need to get a walkie talkie from one of us and let him know that a Russian bounty hunter is on his way and he needs to lock the door before turning the keys with Joyce. You have to be persistent and make sure he does it. Unfortunately, there's no way you'll be able to infiltrate the Russian lab to be there with him so it's up to you to sound as convincing as possible." Mike finally finished.

"Nicole do you understand?" He questioned. I nodded. "Good. Go over the plan at least seven more times before you actually make the jump. We are counting on you. Billy and Hopper are counting on you."

I nodded again. Eleven and Max took my hands and smiled at me. "You can do it" "we believe in you."

The boys stayed in the basement to sleep, Nancy and Jonathan went to her room, and Eleven, me and Max stayed in Mike's room.

"How was Billy before everything happened?" I asked Max.

"Not the best." She sighed. "Once we moved, he went back to his old ways. It didn't help that his dad kept screaming at him for no reason. The only thing that kept him calm in California were the waves and of course you were a big help. There aren't waves in Indiana, and there certainly wasn't anyone like you."

"You keep speaking very highly of me. How do you think he'll react if he sees me? What if he doesn't remember me or if he's moved on? It's been four years."

"I doubt it. He had a picture of you in his desk drawer underneath all his playboys." Max snickered.

"What?!"

"Anyway," Max said. "Eleven on a scale of one to ten, how much did you miss Mike?"

Eleven laughed. "About an 8. I miss kissing him but he talks to me every day. Sometimes a little too much."

"Woah woah woahhh!" I interrupted. "You kiss him? How old are you? I had my first kiss at sixteen!" I exclaimed.

"Wait, was it with Billy?" Max asked.

I felt my face go red. "No!"

"Friends don't lie," Eleven said.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe your first kiss was with my brother!" Max exclaimed while imitating puke noises.

"It didn't have to be! I totally could've gotten someone before him, I just didn't see the appeal." I backfired.

"Look at how flustered she is!" Max teased while giggling with Eleven.

"Someone's in loooooove" they both teased.

"Shut up!" I yelled while throwing a pillow at them. They giggled and grabbed Mike's pillows and threw them at me. "Oh it is on. You two just declared WAR!"

"If you think you can beat a psychic, you're insane." Max replied.

"She's not the only one with powers!" I replied.

We spent the rest of the night joking around, talking about boys and giving each other advice. I had to receive the most advice because my romance life was practically nonexistent.

Before I knew it, Max was passed out on the floor sleeping. "You should probably get some rest before your big jump tomorrow," El advised.

I gave her a big hug. "I know you won't remember this time we had but I'm not gonna forget it and I promise we can make more memories just like it! I'm so glad I have a little sister." I told her.

"Tell me," She started, "what happened to the rest of us?"

"To be honest, I'm not one hundred percent sure. I know that the first five of us had to perform a big test of their abilities for papa and they didn't make it back alive. Number six had refused to do it and he was taken away. I'm not sure what happened to number eight and nine, but they looked up to me a lot. Before I left, number ten was only a few months old and I don't remember having you around at all."

"Eight is alive." Eleven said.

I gasped. "She is?"

"Yes. She goes by the name Kali. She lives in Chicago and kills bad people."

"Sweet Eight is a murderer?" I chuckled at the thought. I'm so glad she's alive and doing her own thing now.

"Well, good night Eleven." I whispered

"Good night sister."