Chapter Fifteen: Mind Games

My eyes fluttered open. The first thought that came to mind was Billy. Was he back to normal or did he wipe out of existence completely?

Then I realized I was in bed with him, cuddling. And it wasn't child Billy, it was normal, douchebag looking Billy. He was spooning me and I was cuddling his arm.

He's still asleep I think. I tried to subtlety get out of bed without waking him so that he didn't see me in bed with him.

"Good morning, princess." He said from behind me as I was trying to get away. He pulled me closer to his body and whispered in my ear, "you just couldn't keep yourself away from me, could you?"

I rolled away from him and said "no actually, I don't know if you remember but you almost blanked out of existence last night."

"What are you talking about?"

"So you don't remember? Okay well you started aging backwards due to the time jump we did. You were a cute kid, what happened?"

"Wait hold up, so I became a kid... and you fixed this how exactly?"

"Doesn't matter. What matters is you're all fixed now. I think."

"Nicole what did you do?" Billy demanded.

"Uhhh... so you may or may not have drank my blood."

"WHAT?"

"It was the only thing that worked." I said. "So whether you like it or not, you have Nicole blood running through you. You should feel honored because I'm amazing." I teased

"Great so I'm a freaking vampire now." He sighed.

"Vampires have to be dead, genius." I replied.

"Yeah well I'm dead inside so..." he started. "So you cut yourself?" He asked while grabbing my arms and inspecting them. When he saw the bandage on my hand, he removed it to look at my wound. "That's pretty deep," he said, lightly tracing it."

"I didn't know how much you needed." I replied. He looked at me intensely. Goddamn him. Goddamn those beautiful blue eyes that pierced my soul every time I looked at them. "Gosh, you've been through hell Billy." I laughed trying to lighten the mood

"Yeah but whenever I'm with you, it's simply heaven." He joked. At least I thought it was a joke... it was definitely a joke... right?

"Anyway, I should probably go tell Steve you're alright." I said while walking towards the door.

"Steve?" He questioned, getting up. "Why does Steve have to know?"

"He was here last night trying to help." I replied.

"Why was Steve in my house?"

"Well I was at Steve's when Max called so he came with me to check up on her."

"You were at Steve's? Why were you at Steve's?"

"Why do you keep saying his name like that? Steve's a great guy." I walked closer to him, eying him closely. "You aren't jealous, are you?" I smirked.

"Sweetie you think I could be jealous of Steve?" He chuckled.

"Good. Well I'm going back over to his place, today. Maybe I'll spend the night..." I teased.

"Okay fine do what you want. I'll probably have some girls over too."

"Okay." I said, unfazed by him. I started to walk out the door when he grabbed my wrist. I turned to face him. "What?" I questioned. There was no response. He eventually let go and I walked out of his room.

Was Billy Hargrove jealous? I didn't think that was possible, especially not with me and Steve.

Steve isn't dumb though. He can see where my
heart lies. Billy doesn't know that though. Better yet, I don't know where Billy's heart lies. Maybe he was capable of love.

Honestly what was going on inside of Billy's head?

A/n: sorry for the short chapter. The next chapter is also short but I promise I'll write more :) I released three chapters today and I need to think more on what else to write. Hopefully you're enjoying the story so far. There's more to come!