Chapter Twenty-Five: The End

"What ever happened to the twins?" I asked Kali after our reunion.

Kali's face fell. "After Seven disappeared, like all of us, they tried to escape. Papa caught them because they were too weak at the time. He had them killed. For a while it was just me... until they brought in Eleven." She stood up and rummaged through her drawer. "I still have pictures of them."

Kali placed down two black and white pictures in front of us. They looked so sad. El placed her hands on the pictures and closed her eyes.

"They're not dead." She said, causing the three of us to gasp.

——

"Beach house. Nice," Simon said as we walked along the coast in the middle of no where. "Glad you convinced Heathen to not come with us, Sev. This is sibling business."

"Don't call him that." I sighed.

We rang the doorbell and anxiously waited. A tall blonde teenage girl answered the door. It was Nine, I'm sure of it. She looked unamused.

"Do I know you?" She asked.

"Nine!" Kali gasped while embracing her. "I thought you were dead!"

Nine pushed Kali off of her. "What the hell? Why did you just say a number?"

Kali looked hurt. "I'm Eight. This is Seven, Six and Eleven. We're your siblings." We gave little waves and smiles.

"Oooooookayyyyyy....." Nine said, looking at us weirdly. "Very funny. I'm going to have to ask you to leave now." She stated seriously.

A teen boy came up behind her. "Something wrong, Nell?" He asked eying all of us.

"No, John. These weirdos were just leaving." Nine replied before slowly shutting the door. Without thinking, I grabbed Nine's wrist. She didn't have a tattoo. John pushed me off of her and Simon caught me.

"What the hell?" Nell questioned.

"I'm so sorry..." I stated in shock. "Guys we got the wrong people." I ran off of the porch.

"How did we get the wrong people?" Simon questioned in confusion as we sat around the fire on the beach.

"I didn't make a mistake!" El exclaimed, frustrated. "That's them!"

"It is..." Kali said quietly. "I thought Papa killed them... but I think he tortured them and erased their memory instead."

"Do you think they still have powers?" I asked.

"I don't know." Kali replied. "But we don't have much time. Hopefully the four of us will be enough. We need to get back to Hawkins."

——

"It's good to be home." Simon sighed sarcastically. "Didn't miss this place a bit. I only missed you two." Kali blushed.

"I think Kali likes me." I heard Simon's voice in my head. I smiled at him.

——

We huddled around Mike's basement. Everyone's eyes were on me and my siblings as they placed their hands on my stomach. The TV static was really loud and we all put blindfolds on.

My stomach was aching severely. I started screaming in pain. I felt warmth from behind me, comforting me. It was Billy.

"Hang in there, Nikki! I'm here for you. I love you." He said. I screamed in pain again as I felt sharp stabs in my stomach. Was my baby okay?

My siblings started screaming as well. They must've been in a lot of pain as well. Then, suddenly, they all let go. I removed my blindfold to see them all lying there, not moving.