Chapter 6

Edited: 07/21/20

=Izuku's POV (third person)=

Izuku ran until his lungs burned and his legs gave out under him, rearranging himself, he pressed his back against the wall, loud pants of hot air brushing against knees. He calmed himself down, regaining his breath before standing up, once again running, all the way to his dorm room. Slamming the door behind him, finally, fucking finally, letting go and breaking down.

Fat tears trailing his cheeks, accompanied by loud, poorly muffled sobs. He ripped off his backpack, angrily throwing it at his wall, said backpack only hit the wall with an unstatisfying plop. Izuku rolled his eyes, wiping them before changing out of his uniform.

What a hero, running away. 

Be quiet. You didn't have to bring that up.

And you're too much of a crybaby.

Izuku had always had a soft spot for his one sided friendship with Katsuki. Any time he remembered that horrible day, imagine being told to kill yourself by your friend, or to have one of your most priced posessions that you had been working on since you could remember, just for them to ruin it.

He couldn't help but tear up. It hurt him. A hole in his chest that wouldn't close no matter what he did, and it ached anytime he saw Katsuki having fun with others. When he wouldn't even put up a smile when Izuku was around. Izuku sighed as he crawled under the cover, and he was out liek a light as soon as his head hit the pillow. Homework forgotten and scattered over the floor in a messy pile.

_____________

The classroom was quiet, air felt thick with tension and confusion, until Aizawa clapped his hands, startling the ones in the room. Aizawa stopped Momo from checking on Izuku, telling her to just leave him alone. And decided to continue the class.

"Alright let's continue with class."

"You're kidding right?"

"Do I have time to be joking around, Kaminari?"

"Uh, no, sorry.."

And so they all scurried to their seats, Aizawa droning on and on about the lesson.

"I wonder what's the deal with Deku-kun?" Uraraka whispered to Iida, who sat infront of her.

"Would you like to say that to the whole class, Uraraka?" Urarake froze, Iida too, as she curtly stood up.

"Sh- shouldn't we check on him?" she offered sheepshly, a light blush tinting her cheeks as he twirled a small strand of her hair.

"I already said no, also, I honestly don't think he would like any visitors now. We should give him some space." she nodded before sitting down again.

The rest of the time was unusually quiet.

-----------

The bell finally rung, and the teenagers had felt so much relief to leave the usually rowdy and fun classroom. They all packed their things, talking to each other quietly.

"We should talk to Midoriya, I'm worried for him." Iida said, slipping on his backpack, talking to Kirishima, who was waiting for him to finish up his packing.

"I think so too." their heads whipped up to the voice, eyes landing on Todoroki.

"Ooh, even serious Todoroki is worried for Deku." Kirishima swung his arm around Todoroki's neck, pulling them both close. 

"I'm just being a good...friend." Todoroki wasn't really sure what he was to Izuku, but he considered him as a friend. The occurences at the sports festival made him come to this conclusion.