That's not the Jersey devil is it...

Third person POV

They had ran for at least three hours and they were only able to make it to New jersey USA. (I made this chapter in New jersey.)

"The sun is coming up. We will hide in these woods." Kars spoke.

"The trees won't protect them from sun light." Thana responded.

"There is a building just up ahead. We can stay in the attic."

"... Wait I recognize this place... We shouldn't be here!" Thana shivers.

"Why not?" Wamuu questions.

"Th-the j-j-jers-sey d-d-d-devil!" She stutters and shakes in fear.

"How childish. Like a demon?"

"We have had this discussion! If you and vampires are real, then mermaids and demons can be real! Besides, I've been here before. These woods are creepy!"

"What kind of logic is that?"

"The logic where anything is possible!"

"Oh please. I'll believe that when humans go to the moon."

"They have" Kars and Thana say in usion.

Wammu has a look of disbelief. "Alright. Let's say this demon is real. You honestly think it could defeat us?"

"Absolutely." Thana says. No hesitation.

"And how would they do that?"

"They are fucking demons! Forget being murdered. You'll have your soul taken! You'll wish for death for all eternity!"

"You don't know that."

"And I don't want to find out! You know that thing supposedly can fly?! If it wanted it could chase me forever!"

"I won't let that happen." Kars smiled trying to reassure his daughter.

"That's a load of bull shit. You got shot into space by a human after you became immortal."

Kars felt defeated, hearing his child say that.

While the group spoke, eyes watched in the distance, with only malice intent. It's goal was to cause harm.

Santana felt this malice and quickly turned his head.

The feeling was gone. "Something was just here." He says.

"Me and Thana will see what it is. You three need to go inside, now." Kars demands. The three nod and go towards the shelter.

Thana POV

"Not a lot of humans come here at this time of the year. So we won't have to worry about anyone finding the group." I say to Kars.

"Why would humans come here if a demon is here?" He questions

"Humans may be cowards and superstitious, but thay are also dumb and curious. Also this park is a historical land mark and is very educational... Hopefully no field trips are coming today... Oh god." I briefly explained to Kars what a field trip was. "I have to make sure no kids are coming!"

"Why does it matter?" He questions.

"Because they're kids! Innocent children! Who to say one kid sneaks away and finds the building the guys are in?"

"Trust me. My men won't kill children."

"I won't take any chances. I'm going to fly out and go to the front and ask if there are any field trips today."

Kars POV

Vera shoots off, leaving me in the woods. I should look for food for her. She hasn't eaten since yesterday morning. I felt a gust of wind go past me and then a sting in my right arm. I had been cut, but when? How?