8 - bad influence

Lily pov

The bell rang, signalling lunch. My so called 'best friend' Nikki and her minions began walking towards our lunch table, but I decided to go outside. However, just as I was at the door, I saw Paige and some guy heading to the detention room. I quickly shouted her, and she walked over.

"Where you going?" I asked, nodding towards the door.

"Got detention." She frowned, showing me the pink slip.

"Give me a moment." I smiled, and walked over to the board with all the notices on. I pulled out a permanent marker, and began doodling on the new principal's face. He came out looking like a devilish monster, and Paige burst out laughing. But a teacher walked by at that exact moment, and gave me detention. I smiled, taking it, and linked arms with Paige.

"Shall we go to detention?" I asked, a smile on my face. Her smiled mirrored mine as we walked over towards the door.

Inside, I could tell I didn't belong here, and neither did Paige. You could imagine these guys would be prisoners in a few years time, and not for stealing things from a shop either. They sat at the single desks, fiddling with their thumbs, or casting menacing glances around the room. Mrs Berry sat at the desk in the front, eating a very large sandwich which was overflowing with weird things. I took a seat next to Paige, and the guy was on the opposite side. I took out my workbook, as you were allowed to do homework in detention. I ripped a bit of a page out, and hiding it in my book, wrote a note to Paige.

This sucks, wanna go somewhere after?

I then carefully handed the note to Paige, who eyed me suspiciously. She took a moment to read it, and then began writing. She passed it back, always keeping a careful watch of Mrs Berry, who was face deep in her sandwich.

We are in school, believe it or not

I let out a small chuckle, and then began writing.

Ditch with me? We could go to mine? God, I'm such a bad influence

She took the note, looked at me, raised an eyebrow, and nodded. I smiled as she hid the note in her pocket. I then put away my book, and spent the next half an hour talking to her through facial expressions.