7 - bowling with Mrs Berry

Paige pov

Yesterday had been fun. I had met up with Lily, and we hung out. Today was Monday, a day which I hated with all my being.

I dragged myself out of bed, to the smell of pancakes. Considering Sam can't make them, I assumed Aunt Helen was awake. I was proved right when I walked into the kitchen to find Sam at the table, digging in to a stack of pancakes.

"Save some for me!" I joked, going to grab one before Aunt Helen put a plate in front of me.

"Those are yours." She smiled, and then turned back around. I grinned, sitting down and digging in. Sam began talking about how he was taking his football to school, so he could play against his friends. It was simpler at that age. He then asked me about Lily.

"Is your friend coming round afterschool? The skater one?" He said in between bites of his pancake.

"Maybe, I don't know." I said, hoping the answer would be yes.

Afterwards, I got dressed in simple clothing, and then said goodbye to Sam and Helen. They waved as I walked out of the door, and then I waited outside a couple of doors down. Late again, my bestfriend, Dan, came out of his house. He was tucking his shirt into his red skinnies, and then ran his fingers through his hair.

"That skirt looks so nice on you!" Did I mention, Dan was gay? Of course you would guess with how he dressed, talked and acted. But I loved him anyway.

"Thanks. Do you want to actually get to school today? Mrs Berry would love to stick you in detention again." Mrs Berry loved putting latecomers in detention, as it meant she had someone to talk to.

"Awhr, tell her I've got her an extra sandwich and a lifetime magazine." He winked, as we began walking in the direction of school.

"God, you make it sound like you're best friends or something!" I joked, winking at him.

"We are! In fact we're going bowling tonight!" He winked, and we burst out laughing at the thought of Mrs Berry going bowling.

Finally, we got to school. However we were late, and Mrs Berry caught us at the gate.

"Look what we have here! A few rebels. Well, you can meet me in detention at lunchtime today. See you there." She said, handing us each a pink slip. I groaned, but Dan just winked at me.