14 - trouble involving you and me

Paige pov

After that, we started hanging around more. Lily started ditching her 'friends' at school to chill with me and Dan. Dan wasn't so sure at first.

"What if she's just using you, you know, as a joke for all her cronies?" He asked, setting his lunch on the table. He handed me a slice of pizza he bought from the canteen. I took it gratefully, sitting across from him.

"She's not." I said, knowing that she wasn't like that. I knew the real Lily.

"How can you be sure?" He asked, skeptically. I shrugged.

"I just know, okay." And that was that. Lily began hanging around with us, sitting with me at lunch, our fingers intertwined under the table. She met me after lessons, and walked me to my next ones. We met after school, and went over to each other's houses. My Aunt Helen stayed longer than a week. I asked her about it, and she shrugged it off.

"As long as you want me, I'll be here." Translation: my husband kicked me out and I'm staying here until further notice. But I didn't mind. She took care of things, like Sam. Sam really liked Lily, and they got along well. Which is partially why Aunt Helen allowed her to stay late each night.

It was one night when we were in my room, the door closed tightly, that she stopped looking through my scrap book, and looked up at me. I was watching the Big Bang theory, dangling off the end of my bed. She was sat at the top, and began tickling my feet. I giggled like a proper girl, and she leaped over, wrapping her arms around me. She enclosed me in her arms just before we fell onto my pile of cushions on the floor.

"I could have died." I said into her throat.

"I wouldn't let you die." She said, a serious hint to her voice.

"Good, because I'm going to cause all kinds of trouble for you." I promised, and she just smirked.

"Can that trouble involve you and me and maybe a date on Friday?" She leaned back to look at me, and I rested into her chest again.

"Is that your way of asking me out?" I couldn't help but smile, and I could tell she was smiling too.

"I suppose so. But you still got to answer my question." I nodded, and she looked at me again.

"Yes, I'd love to." She smiled, and I smiled, and then she leaned closer and I reached up to kiss her.

She began to get ready to leave, getting her shoes and jacket on, before I grabbed her hand.

"Stay, for tonight? If you want to, I can show you what my dreams are made of." I smiled as I said the words, and she caught on immediately.

"Cause I'm dreaming of your face." She replied, pulling me in for a hug. Aunt Helen came into the room, so we broke apart.

"Aunt helen, can Lily stay for tonight?" I asked, giving her the pleading look. She smiled at Lily.

"If it's okay with Lily's mother, then yes." I grinned, and Lily reached for her phone.