5 - strawberry milkshake

Paige pov

I woke up to the sound of knocking on the front door. I jumped out of bed, and ran downstairs just as Sam opened the door. My aunt Helen stood there, with her usual bag. Shit! I forgot she was supposed to be coming today.

"Well, aren't you blooming into an attractive young lady, Paige. Guys must be queuing for miles around." She chuckled, indicating my bed hair and holey t shirt with my pyjama shorts. I laughed, and she made her way into the living room. She took a seat on the sofa, opening her bag. She then handed Sam a new toy truck, to add to his collection.

"That's 5 now!" He exclaimed, running to the toy chest to find the others.

"Is your dad any better, honey?" Aunt Helen asked, as Sam was wrapped up with his toys.

"He hasn't left other than to shower and get food." I said, sighing. Aunt Helen knew about dad's lack of...communication. To say he was a shut in was an understatement. He's been like that ever since mum died.

"Well, how about we have a movie day? I'm in town for a while, maybe about a week." She smiled, and I remembered Lily.

"I'm sorry, aunt Helen, but I have a friend coming over today. We were going to go out, but I won't be too long." I said, calculating what time I should be back. She stopped me with a smile.

"It's okay, dear. You go and have fun. I'll take care of Sam and your father. Stay out a little late, but no frickle frackle." She winked, a grin spreading across her wrinkled face. I wasn't going to tell her that my friend was a girl, and she wasn't like that. So I just nodded, thanked her and ran upstairs to get ready.

After pulling on some skinny jeans, a plain white tee, and a hoodie. I had just pulled my hair into a ponytail when my aunt called up the stairs.

"Paige, it's your friend at the door." I was a little nervous.

"Coming, aunt Helen." I raced down the stairs to see her stood at the door in denim skinnies, a black tee and a leather jacket.

"Hey there." She smiled, and my heart warmed. She was still smiling when my aunt told us to have fun. I thanked her, gave her a quick hug and then walked outside, followed by Lily.

"What should we do then, Summers?" She asked, a smile playing along her lips. I smiled at the casual use of my last name.

"Anything. Do you want to go to McDonald's or something?" I had a little bit of money, which I had saved up from a job that didn't last too long. She chuckled.

"Sure thing, summers. Wanna share a milkshake?" She winked, and I giggled.

"As long as it's a large strawberry, I don't mind." I loved McDonald's milkshake.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." She linked our arms, and we began walking towards the giant Golden Arches in the distance.