A New Inky Friend

How many more of these cartoon characters are alive in this place? Charlotte lay awake in the small cot, deep in her thoughts; she didn't even know what time it was anymore, or how many hours, possibly even days had gone by. When she had seen Boris for the second time, alive for some strange reason despite him being ripped open before, the girl stood frozen and didn't even flinch when the cartoon wolf took her hand and led her even deeper into the studio.

"Where are you taking me?" she had asked, but the wolf never responded. He was mute....just like Bendy.

The more she thought alone about that devil darling, even staring at the plush that lay beside her, the more she started to remember some of the studio and him. She remembered his cute eyes and wide grin; how his ink-black eyes seemed to sparkle when he got excited. Charlotte smiled slightly at the good memories; beat what vision she saw from seeing the Ink Machine for the first time. But one question still lingered inside her: Why was she always there in the first place? Why would her father leave her in a place like this? It seemed too dangerous for a child.

Apparently, Charlotte had fallen back asleep cause she was then woken up by Boris who had been pushing her shoulder slightly. The young woman yawned and faced the wolf, seeing an empty bowl in his white, gloved hands.

She laughed softly, "You hungry there, buddy?"

In reply, Boris nodded happily, ears wiggling slightly, and then left the bedroom. Charlotte got out of bed and rubbed her eyes, then she too left the bedroom to go make some Bacon Soup for Boris. As the soup boiled in the pot, the young woman stared at the safe house door. She needed to find Bendy; she knows it's dangerous, him being this monster and all, but maybe he holds some answers to everything, but most importantly....her. When the soup was done cooking, she served up a bowl for the wolf and then one for herself; she could feel that she needed it.

Soft music played as the young woman was sketching; she surprised herself with this really good art skill, since when did she learn to draw? First Charlotte had drawn the Bendy monster, only it was more cartoonish than the actual thing. Next to it, she had drawn the normal Bendy and herself standing and facing each other, Charlotte wondered if he would ever become the cheeky little Devil Darling again or be stuck as that angry monster forever. In the back of her mind, she hoped that wasn't the case.

"Boris, I need the lever to open this door."Charlotte was done with hiding, she needed to find Bendy. The wolf showed fear in his black eyes and shook his head.

"C'mon buddy," she tried again, "I can't just stay in here forever, I need answers."

The cartoon wolf thought for a moment, the pointed to his empty bowl. Charlotte knew what he wanted; she boiled the soup and served it to Boris and, before he started to eat, pulled out a toolbox off the floor beside him and placed it on the table. Perfect. The young woman felt the need to pack some things into her messenger bag, such as some Bacon Soup, her Bendy doll, and her paper of sketches. She also still had the drawing she had found on that one drafting table all the way upstairs; she didn't even know how many floors up it would be at this point, the studio just kept going downwards, floor after floor. Charlotte knew that her father had made this, and she wanted to make sure that it would never leave her sight; she wants to remember her real past. Now that she was packed, mentally prepared, and Boris had finally finished eating, Charlotte grabbed the lever from the toolbox and clicked it into the control. The door opened, revealing a hallway into the unknown, and she was ready.

"Let's see what's out there. Don't wander off."