five

I watched closely as Billie's tongue poked out from her mouth and glided along her bottom lip. Her blue hair falling to hide her cheeks when it fell out from behind her ear. I was so fixated on watching her that i barely heard her respond to my question.

"Yes." She looked up at me and a lot of emotion swirled in her ocean eyes. I saw her reach for the rings on her fingers that weren't there. She always played with her rings when she was nervous. She dropped her hands in her lap and sighed.

"When did you start?" I asked her slowly. "Doing drugs, I mean."

"Umm, about 2 months ago?" Her answer came out more of a question and i furrowed my eyebrows.

"O...kay. Do you deal them?" I was a little nervous about her answer to this one. At the end of the day, if she did, i couldn't do anything about it. I could just tell her to stop and that's about it.

"No! No." She shouted defensively and i just flinched, putting my hands out in front of my face.

"Aight, jeez." I blew out a breath and removed my hands from my face when Billie mumbled out a "sorry." I cast my eyes down to my hands for a moment. Just thinking. "You know, i can't stop you from doing that shit but just please, please, please be careful." I finally looked up and into her eyes. "Your body is still young, Bil, and that shit could fuck you up. Be careful. I love you."

And with that said, i got under the covers and curled up into a ball, the way i always sleep because it's comfortable. I shut my eyes tight and heard a quiet 'click' sound when Billie turned the light off, surrounding us in darkness.

—————

I slowly started to wake up when the intense heat of the sun hit me all at once. I opened my eyes, and then squinted slowly to look around the room. I couldn't see Billie in her bed and only then paid attention to the fact that arms were around my waist. I glanced down to see Billie laying in my bed. Her blue hair was distributed everywhere on the pillow her head rested on and her pink lips were parted with soft snores erupting from them. The sight of her laying there was beautiful, she really was angelic.

I pulled Billie's arms off of me gently and crept out of bed as quietly as i could without disturbing her. I grabbed the outfit i would wear today and went into the bathroom to change and use the toilet.

When i left the bathroom, i threw one of Billie's hoodies over my head and decided to order room service. i couldn't decide what i wanted or what Billie would want so i ordered a lot of different options.

I scrolled through my instagram feed and posted a photo to pass time when there was a knock on the door. I licked my lips at the thought of food and then looked over at Billie who was stirring slightly, startled by the knock on the door. I opened it to reveal a friendly looking man with a smile on his face. He started passing me trays, plates and other things until he handed me the last plate, which i placed on Billie's empty bed with the rest.

"You eating this all by yourself, dear?" The man smiled at me and i laughed before shaking my head.

"No. It's for me and my girlfriend. I didn't know what to get." I shrugged and the man laughed while waving his goodbye. He was nice. I shut the door and turned around to wake up Billie. A scream escaped my lips and i pushed away my best friend who was standing in front of me. "You scared me, you bitch!"

"Girlfriend, hm?" She wiggled her eyebrows and i scoffed, pushing her away one more time.

"You wish, Eilish." I stood in front of her bed which held the many choices of food.

"Oh, burritos!" Billie exclaimed, rushing to grab a burrito from the tray that held them. She took a bite of her food and moaned with delight.

"Burritos for breakfast, Billie?" I asked her with a weird look on my face as i grabbed a slice of pizza from a plate.