twenty-seven

Finneas convinced me to let him drive us back home as he hadn't been on the road for a while and he 'really, really, really wanted to

Finneas convinced me to let him drive us back home as he hadn't been on the road for a while and he 'really, really, really wanted to.'

We were nearly there until Finneas pulled in front of a Tacobell and stopped the car. He turned to face me and i raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Tacobell at this time?" I looked over at the dashboard and it read 1:06 pm.

"You can have Tacobell at any time, Mia. But that's not what i want to talk to you about." He said seriously. My heart immediately dropped my ass.

"Yeah?" I tried to sound normal. Confident. But fucked that up with a shaky tone in my voice.

"Claudia thinks that Gemma is nice but i don't see why. Like, i'm not judging your friend choice because obviously i'm your friend and i'm awesome but, i don't like her. I suppose that's rude of me because i don't know the girl, really, but she's a fan and she might be a clout chaser. You never know."

I glared at Finneas and watched his Adam's apple bob as he swallowed nervously.

"She was nice." I ended with.

"Was? What's wrong with her now?" He asked with a pout.

"Well, we sort of had this thing going on and i found out yesterday that she had a boyfriend all along." I bit my lip and sighed before continuing.

"I can't be this angry because i've been messing around with Billie while doing shit with Gem so it's practically the same thing."

"Not really." Finneas shook his head.

"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, you and Billie have always had a thing going on. Don't lie, i've seen it. You've been doing stuff with her before Gemma came along and she's been trying to get in your pants, knowing she has a boyfriend. You aren't in a relationship so you actually do have the right to be angry that she was leading you on anyway."

I let out a deep breath. Hearing Finneas explain it all did make sense. I nodded slowly and smiled towards him.

"Thanks, Finn. I get that. Makes me feel better now." I admitted while chewing on my lip again.

"No problem, Mia." He smiled brightly at me before shoving my shoulder unexpectedly. "Now go get me some real food. That shit at the hospital did nothing to my appetite."

I laughed slightly and climbed out of the car to get our usual orders.

—————

"Guess who's home!" Finneas exclaimed as he pushed open the front door of his house.

At the sound of his voice, Pepper came running out of the kitchen and started jumping all over Finn, while trying to lick at his face which was too far away.

"Hey, Pepper girl. I missed you." Finneas smiled and kneeled down to pet her.

Not even two seconds later, Claudia copies Pepper from before and runs out from the kitchen. Finneas immediately stands up and catches Claudia when she runs into his arms.

I looked down at Pepper who was on her back and staring at Finneas, wondering why he abandoned her. I laughed quietly and bent down to pet her myself while Finneas hugged Claudia.

After a few moments, i stood up and walked into the kitchen to see Maggie and Patrick sat down at the table. They both looked up and smiled as i entered and Maggie got up from her seat with her arms open. I walked into her hug and wrapped my arms around her with a huge grin.

"Good afternoon, Mia. How are you?" Patrick asked as his wife pulled away from me. I took a seat opposite him.

"I'm alright, Patty. Just waiting for Billie to come back. Tomorrow. I'm excited." I couldn't help but smile again at the thought that Billie would be back so soon. I know this day will drag though.

"It's a horrible thing that happened." Patrick shook his head with a frown. "I'll kill the fucker."

"Patrick." Maggie warmed him but he just shrugged it off.

"He could've killed our children!"

"I'm still alive, Dad! Nothing to worry about!" I heard Finneas shout from the hall. I laughed at him.

My phone buzzed on the table and i looked at it to see Billie sent me a snapchat.

"What did she say?" Maggie asked and i shrugged as i opened the app.

"I'll check now." I murmured, opening the snap.

My eyes widened and i felt my face grow hotter before i clicked out of it and locked my phone before her parents could see the picture.

I rested my chin on my hand and tried to act normal, ignoring the fact that my face was probably as red as fuck.

"Are you okay, love?" Maggie asked me and i nodded quickly. "What did Billie send you?"

"Oh, it was just a picture of her...lunch." I lied, suddenly becoming grateful when Finneas and Claudia walked through the door so Maggie couldn't see my nervousness expression.

"Gemma's gone." Claudia said as she sat down with Finneas taking the seat beside her.

"Wait, what?" I asked, my eyebrows pulling together.

"She left earlier when i came back. She said she only stayed to look after Pepper while we were out." Claudia explained to me.

I jumped slightly when Finneas' hand hit the table accidentally.

"You left the bitch in our house alone. Oh my god, she could've killed Pepper." Finneas gasped and i snickered.

"Finneas! What is with everybody's language today?" Maggie said with a frustrated sigh.

"She's nice." Claudia spoke, looking at me. I nodded.

"But still." Finneas groaned.

My phone buzzed again to show i had another snap from Billie.

I lifted my phone and made sure to tilt it so nobody could see my screen. I opened it and was greeted with a similar picture with text underneath saying

'don't ignore me ;)'

This bitch.

—————

A/N*
give me some song suggestions pretty please
didnt read over it 😗

A/N* give me some song suggestions pretty please didnt read over it 😗