fourty-five

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry."

I kept repeating those two words as Billie rambled on about how it wasn't fair but how it would be worth the pain some day.

"Hey, can i get a drink?" She asked after her ranting was over.

"Yeah, sure. What you want? I'll get it for you." I said, getting up for the bed.

"Vodka."

I glared at her and shook my head. "What do you want?"

"Ugh, apple juice then." She mumbled, obviously not impressed.

"Anything else?" I unlocked her door and pushed it open, ready to leave.

"Pineapple." She winked at me, grabbing her feet and spreading her legs.

"Jesus, Bil. Who you tryna fuck with?" I laughed, leaving her bedroom only to storm back in when i heard her whisper "Gemma."

"What? Bitch." I gave her a look and she did that cute ass laugh.

"I'm kidding. Who else would i want to eat me?" She raised an eyebrow and i shrugged before heading out and downstairs.

I entered the kitchen and found Gemma sitting at the table on her own with a cup in her hands.

"I made myself coffee, i hope you don't mind." She smiled at me and i returned it with a nod.

"Do anything you want. This is your home now. We'll have a talk soon about what you want to do, okay? Billie and I will support you." I told her, opening the fridge and pouring some apple juice into a glass.

"Thank you so much. I really, really appreciate it." Gemma spoke. I grabbed a pineapple from the counter and a knife and began chopping it up into bite-size pieces.

All of a sudden, Gemma popped up beside me and scared me. I jumped back and the knife slipped from my hands, clattering to the floor right where Gemma's foot was, missing it by a fucking inch. My eyes widened and Gemma stood back as i picked the knife up and started to wash it in the sink, my hands shaking.

"I- Gemma, i'm sorry." I stuttered, placing the knife carefully on the counter.

"No, it's my fault. I scared you. I'm sorry." She said quietly, placing her empty cup in the sink. I looked at her to see her eyes glossy while a lone tear slipped from her chin and onto her black shirt.

I immediately grabbed her face in my hands and stroked her cheeks with a concerned expression.

"I'm so sorry. I scared you too, didn't i?" I murmured softly, wiping underneath her damp eyes.

"It just- reminded me of him. Jeremy." She whispered, her voice still managing to crack.

"Oh, Gem." I hummed sadly, pulling her into my arms. How did she stick with that bastard?

"Yo, what's going on down here?" Billie's voice filled the room unexpectedly. I squeezed Gemma tightly before letting her go and looking at Billie.

I glanced at Gemma and she shook her head slightly.

"We were just bonding." I smiled at Billie with a slight laugh to make it sound believable.

"You good, bro?" Billie asked Gemma with concern laced in her voice.

"Yeah, of course." She said back, turning around to hide her red eyes.

Billie grabbed a piece of pineapple and popped it into her mouth while pushing herself up on the counter beside where i was standing. Gemma took her seat back at the table.

"What colour is your natural hair?" My blue-haired baby asked my green-haired friend.

"It's green." She smirked, looking up at Billie who had her mouth dropped.

"Really? Woah, that's so cool." She said, amazed. Gemma and I both started hysterically laughing at the same time.

"I'm a redhead." Gemma managed to get out after our laughing fit ended.

"Hot." I said just to anger Billie. I felt her eyes digging into the side of my face.

"Ooo, someone's jealous." I grinned cheekily, wiggling my eyebrows at Billie.

"Not me, anyway." Billie mumbled, grabbing the knife from the sink and drying it off on her shirt. She started to cut more pineapple pieces with one hand as she took a drink of her apple juice with the other.

"Awe, come on. Don't be like that." I hummed, coming up behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist, hugging her from behind. She relaxed in my arms and leaned her head on my shoulder as she placed the knife down.

I squeezed her gently and she turned around in my arms so she could look at me. Slowly, her hands slid against my cheeks as she searched my eyes.

"I love you." She whispered, leaning in to kiss my lips softly.

"I love you too." I responded, pulling her closer into me.

"Imma vomit." Gemma gagged jokingly and we all laughed.

—————

A/N*
this is really fuckin bad but anyway
question
do y'all ever try to break your back like billie during bury a friend but actually break your back? yeah same

A/N* this is really fuckin bad but anyway questiondo y'all ever try to break your back like billie during bury a friend but actually break your back? yeah same

also wish you were gay is a hot song, ain't it? y'all better agree