Tricks And Traps

Sunday, October 31
I can't believe I'm doing this... Mom is making me go to a Halloween party? Parties are so not my scene and she made me wear this costume as if I going to a masquerade ball. The worst part is that the party is at ... Trisha's house. If this night wasn't going bad enough. Everyone's going to be here. Trisha is Samantha's best friend so will she be here? What if this is some kind of revenge scheme. At this point, I'm just looking for an excuse.

"Zara? What are you doing here!"
Trisha... nice party.
"What are you doing here!"
If you didn't want me to come, you shouldn't have sent the invite to me.
"I didn't send an inv- CRYSTAL! When I mean send the memo to the entire school, you should know I don't mean the entire school!"
Look, if you want me to go, I'll go, simple. Don't go shouting at everyone and ruining their night.
"Fine, I want you to leave now."
Okay, just so you know I wasn't so thrilled to come here anyway.
"Wait, you're just going to leave that easily?"
Yeah. Do you expect me to stay?
"You know what? Let's make this interesting, you can stay, but if anything happens to you, it's not my fault. Or you can leave ... if you're scared."
You think I'm scared?
"Don't get too cocky. What is your costume anyway? A masquerade dance that got run over."
Exactly. Hit the nail right on the head.
"Well I'm not wasting my time here anymore so... bye."
Whatever suits you.

I don't think I'm ever going to live this down.

"Attention everyone! We're going to play a few games tonight. Each of you will get a card and on that card are pictures of items you need to find. The first one to find all the items wins a prize of $2000. So get looking before someone beats you to it."
Wow, people really blow money on a party.
"Here's your card... Zara and May the odds be ever in your favor."
This isn't the hunger games you know...
Well, at least I have something to do tonight.

1 Hour Later
Well, out of the 30 items, I've only found... 8. I don't even think half of the items are even-
"Don't worry, everything is going fine. That bitch isn't getting out of here alive and able it, Zack, it's only a matter of time until he will be head over heels for me."
Creak!
"Who's there? I'll call you back. Hello? Zara? What are you doing."
I've been... looking for the items.
"Really, how long have you been stood there."
I literally just came now, why?
"No reason, enjoy the party."

I can think of a thousand things right but I'm going to choose not to and just focus on this stupid scavenger hunt.

30 Minutes later
At this point, I've given up. I've searched in every room so I'm just going to spend my remaining time sitting on the floor.
"Hi, do you need some help?"
Um sure.
"One of the main items is in that room."
Thanks.
"Your welcome"
At least I can find one more before I give up and go home. This room is so dark, where even is the lights? And why is it so hot- ahh!
HELLO!! SOMEONE OPEN THE DOOR! Great, I've been locked in. You know this is all Trisha. I should have left when I had the chance. It never works in movies but I'm going to shout anyway. HELP! I'M LOCKED IN!
"Is someone in there?"
Yes! Please open the door!
"Okay, hang on! I've almost, got it!"
Thank you so- Zack
"Zara- Woah!"
Oh great now we're both locked in. Thanks a lot.
"How was I meant to know someone would push me in? I was only trying to help you and what are you doing here anyway?"
Someone told me there was a stupid item in here so obviously I came here and someone locked me in.
"No, I mean what are you doing at this party?"
I had no interest in coming here, I'm only here because my mom forced me and before you ask me another question, I think I've found a light switch... that's weird, why won't it turn on?
"The bulb must be loose. Don't you have your phone with you?"
I left it home...
"Seriously who leaves their phone at home?"
Okay then, where's your phone?
"... it's dead..."
Thought so.
"What are we going to do now?"
I can climb up on this stool and tighten it.
"You can't even see, how do you know that it's sturdy?"
I can manage.
"Not unless you want to break another arm or even better how about your leg"
Love the sarcasm but we haven't got time for that.
"I'll climb on it"
Be my guest.
"I can almost feel it, I've got it! I've got it-
Zack you might want to balance your self-
"I'm twisting it-
Zack! You're not listening-
AAaaahhhh.
So much for not breaking any bones, I think you've broken my entire body, you practically fell on top of me.
"Sorry...at least we have light now."
That's nice, you know what also would be nice?
"What?"
If you would help me up.
"Oh sorry."
Thanks.
"Why is it so hot in here, it's like a desert"
Zack...
"What?"
Look over there.
".... boilers? This.. is .. the .. boiler room. We need to get out of here, now!"
Yeah, no kidding.
"Why would anyone do this"
Well, obviously Trisha did this to get back at me.
"Trisha? Why do you think Trisha did this?"
Isn't it obvious? She hates me and right now she is the only person who has it out for me.
"She's really nice to me"
(yeah, coz she likes you)
"What was that?"
Nothing. Let's just bang on the door and shout really loud, someone has to hear at this point.
"Good idea, HELP, HELP!!! Somebody we're in here!! Get us out!!"

1 hour later
"We're dying here today"
For the first time, I agree with you.
........
Zack?
.........
Zack, come on you need to wake up! You can't close your eyes. We'll be out of here soon. Zack.
"Huh, I can't breath, I feel claustrophobic."
It's okay try to you keep your eyes open, I'm gonna find a way out. I won't let anything happen to you.
Come on, there must be something- please tell me it's what I think this is. Hello!
"Hello, Rufus the Butler here"
We're stuck in the boiler room, the door's locked and my friend is near to passing out.
Coming up there immediately, please don't panic.

Oh, thank God! Zack, wake up, please they're going to open the door soon.
"Right kids out you come."
Thank you so much.
"I'll help this kid out, you go ahead."
It's fine I'll just-
"Kid, I get you're worried about your friend but think about how worried your mother would be."
Right, thanks. Please make sure he gets home okay, not that I care but like-
"I get it, kid."
...Bye

"crystal, when I tell you to lock her up in the boiler room, I DON'T MEAN LOCK ANYONE WHO TRIES TO OPEN IT. Especially when it's ZACK!!"
"Sorry, Trisha."
Wow, I knew it was you. You really try to be Samantha, don't you? Well, congrats, coz you've accomplished your goal. Listen, you can do whatever you want to me and it won't affect me... But when it involves and affects someone else, that's when I draw the line. So think twice before you pull something like that again. Samantha never learned her lesson maybe you will.
..................

1 hour later
I'm at home now. Just to reflect on everything, today was crazy. I never thought someone would go that far for some God-forsaken revenge. It just shows there are no limits anymore. And I'm going to have to be more careful than ever.
_______________________________
Like a loose cannon
My emotions were like a loose cannon, especially when I was with him. Being trapped in a room with him was hard. I had to be someone who was stern and had to be someone I'm not. I kept control until I saw him barely even breathing and this fuelled me to stand up to Trisha because it's wasn't just about me anymore, everything they do to me can affect everyone around me... and I'm not okay with that.