Surprise!

Tuesday, June 30
I got a late start today but I'm going to make it work- that's weird. MOM! THEO?No one's here. Moooom! Wait there's something on the counter and it has a note, "wear this and come outside"... wow. This dress is amazing. I'm going to try this on, I'll be back.
10 minutes later
Okay, so I'm wearing the dress. I can't deal with this, it's so pretty. I don't even know where I'm going but it's says to go outside so- oh my gosh, that's a limo.
"Your carriage awaits"
Is it for me?
"It's for you"
Okay, um thank you.

30 minutes later
The limo just left and I don't even know where I am so that's a great start and it's getting dark. No ones answering my calls. What if this is a trap- no I can't think like that. I just need to keep walking. Ow! Okay, that's a branch. Why is it so dark here-

"SURPRISE!"

Surprise?
"I knew she wouldn't remember"
Remember what Maddie?
"Duh? It's your birthday"
It's not my.. birthday...IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!
"The penny's finally dropped"
"Maddie planned this whole party for your sweet 16."
Aww, thank you, Maddie.
"I don't need any thank you's, you deserve this."
Thanks. Oh and thanks Mom and Dad,
"You're welcome sweets."
"Hello? Am I invisible?"
And you too Theo.
"We'll leave you guys to it, enjoy your party, Zara."

So, how many people are actually here?
"Um, maybe our whole grade.."
Really?
"Yeah, Benjamin is clearing the refreshment table. Lilly's somewhere. Trisha's invite got lost on purpose and the rest of these people are here because... Iaccidentallyforwardedtheemailtotheentireschool."
That's cool.
"You're not mad?"
Are you kidding? This is the biggest party I'll probably ever have.
"What do you think about the dress?"
Oh, don't get me started on the dress. What brand is it? Can I keep it? Where did you get it?
"... I made it!"
Shut! Up! No, you did not!
" I did!"
Wow! You know I'm making you take textiles not that you need it but this dress is amazing!"
"You know who would love that dress on you?"
Who?
"Zack.."
Maddie don't...
"He's over there."
Err, I don't think. He might not. What if he doesn't.
"Just go and talk to him. Please"
..okay.

Hey.. you've taken quite an interest to the water fountain.
"Zara... Woah. You look beautiful- I mean you look good. That's not the right word you look great."
... Thanks...
"Sorry, I made it awkward"-
No, no. I liked it. It was sweet.
"Hey, why don't you take a seat."
This is your spot then.
"Well there's a lot of people here but I only came to see one person.."
.... sorry I blanked, Er I know there's a lot of people here. That's coz Maddie kinda, sorta accidentally invited the entire school.
"Classic Maddie. I er got you something."
What, I mean you didn't have to.
"I wanted to, it's the least I could do"
The least you could do? Come on you practically saved my life this year.
"No, you saved yourself I just helped you. Here you go."
It's in this box?
"Open it"
Okay.........
"What's wrong do you not like it?"
No, I love it, but it's too much.
"I actually engraved your name on there myself."
You did? That's so thoughtful. I'm going to wear it now."
"Hey listen, Zara. There's something I want to tell you. I've held back for so long. I can't do that anymore. It's not fair on you. Zara..."
What's wrong Zack?
"Zara I"-
(Brrinnggg)
......
Zack?
"I'm sorry I have to answer this call."
Zack?
"I'm sorry, I'll be back in a second."
.........................................
Zack is everything okay?
"I have to go. I'm sorry."
Really?
"I know, I'm sorry..."
Zack wait! Are you at least coming to the fight?
".... I really want to Zara... but I cant"
Why, Zack. Just tell-
"I just can't Zara! I'm sorry... Happy Birthday."

"Zara? I just saw Zack leave. What happened?"
....... I really thought he was going to tell me what I've wanted to tell him for so long... but I guess not.
"Oh Zara, don't cry. Here, come here."
I wish he would just tell me. but there's always something between us. Maybe it just isn't meant to be.
"I don't know Zara, but if that's how you feel maybe, you just need to move on."
Yeah... I need to move on.

______________________________
Crushed
Oh man, This part is still hard to talk about. I mean it feels like yesterday. It feels so raw still. Especially now because I know what was actually going on and why Zack left the way he did. But at that moment I was crushed. It felt like this magical moment in a movie where the princess finally finds her prince but it wasn't and I don't blame him, I never will. He was the puppet being controlled by the puppeteer.

You never know the full story. You only know your point of view until someone tells you theirs. And they don't know your side of the story until you tell them. My story is out there but Zack had a different story.