Betrayal

Nick's P.O.V

I really don't know why Timothy is doing this. I really don't, over the past few months that he's been here, everyone started blaming Percy and I for their problems, I mean, come on, I've only been here a few months, and I'm practically always with Percy.

Faith died on a mini-quest with Percy and I outside of camp, I didn't notice a cyclops sneaking up on me, but Faith took the blow for me. Percy and I were so mad that our anger caused the moisture in the air to burst, effectively killing all the monsters around us.

I ran to her side, and knew it was already too late.

"No... Faith, why?" I cried.

"It's okay... big brother... I don't have... much time... but I left you and Percy... some gifts... under your beds. When you... get back to camp... check it out... okay? I love you... big brother." She weakly told me.

Then she was gone.

We carried her corpse back to camp and demanded a shroud for her.

We retreated to our cabin, and I found, that under our beds were indeed some gifts along with a note with each gift. We read Percy's first.

Dear Percy,

If you are reading this, then that means I am already dead. Don't grieve over me, I'm sure I'll reach Elysium. The ocarina under your bed was a gift from father, but I never really liked music, so I'm giving it to you, he said that it is enchanted by Apollo to play whatever song you want when you blow into it, the tune just automatically comes to you and it controls your breathing and fingering to successfully play that song, the note range doesn't matter. I hope you like it, it's made of coral.

By the way, if he hasn't already, tell Nick to open his gift.

Love, Faith.

By the time we finished reading the letter, we were both crying, Percy opened the protective casing containing the ocarina, and blew into it. He coaxed out a tune so sad that I very nearly fell on the ground and cried until the end of time.

We then checked my note. It was next to a bracelet. Percy somehow managed to laugh at the hilariousness of it.

"Pffft. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! She gave me a musical instrument but gave you jewelry? HAHAHAHA!" He was practically wheezing, though he was somehow crying and laughing at the same time.

"Fuck you, dude."

Dear Nick,

If you are reading this, then that means I am already dead. Don't grieve over me, I'm sure I'll reach Elysium. This bracelet is an enchanted bow, a gift from Apollo after I did him a favor, however, when he gave it to me, he told me that my death was near, so I left it under your bed along with this note. On the bracelet there should be a blue gem, if you twist it, the bracelet with turn into a bow waiting for you to grab, and it is enchanted so that as soon as you let go of the bow, it will immediately turn back into a bracelet. It fires pure energy, so you won't have to worry about ammunition. I hope you like it, you have impeccable aim anyways.

By the way, if he hasn't already, tell Percy to open his gift.

Love, Faith.

I was speechless. She did this all for us?

"Well. At least we have something that keeps her memory." Percy said. I touched the pendant that Faith was wearing before she died, it had a picture of the three of us walking together on the beach, talking and laughing. We were silent for a few minutes.