Chapter 1

(Dont mind me getting into a Gilbert blythe faze... again.)
*^*^*

I can't remember a time where I wasn't in Evonlea, it's was like a home to me even though parents never really showed me the town.

A few months ago I started going to school, my grandparents told my parents that it would be a good idea to let me go and learn something about this amazing world that I've seen none or very less.

They are very protective over me, they wouldn't tell me why, but I can tell something must've hurt them in the past.

I tightly grabbed onto my books as I made my way over to the school house, my yellow dress moved with the wind as it blow past me.

A chill ran down my spine, as I hugged my books closer to me for any form of comfort.

I sighed as I walked alone, I don't have a lot of friend. Oh well, real friend I mean. They all pretend to like me I feel like. Except for Diana she's my only and best friend.

Laughter filled the air as I came closer and closer to the school house, just as I was making me over there I felt someone bump into me.

"Watch where you're going, little girl." I looked up after hearing a voice I knew all too well, billy....

I rolled my eyes but turned away my head as him as his goons started laughing at me. I bit my lip preventing myself from saying anything stupid.

It's just gonna be like any other day...

I soon spotted Diana who smiled warmly at me, she excused herself from her "friends" and made her way over to me.

"Hey Y/n, did you have a splendid weekend?" I softly nodded and grinned, "I suppose." She grinned back and wrapped her arm in mine, "How was yours?" I asked trying to be polite.

She started talking about how a boy named Gilbert Blythe was going to attend school after being going for a year.

"Am i suppose to know this boy?" She shook her head, "No but you're be glad when you do, he's very dreamy." I nodded softly, like hell thats true, none of the boys going to our school are mature or even handsome.

Diana and I made our way into the school house as Anne walked over to us, "I'm sorry I'm late, Marilla wanted me to have a good breakfast."

As we stepped inside I put off my coat and hung it up, just as I turned around I was met with a rather handsome boy.

He looked down at me and smiled softly, "Oh hello, I haven't seen you around before." He spoke softly, I could feel all the eyes on me.

I could tell this boy felt the same but he seemed to remain rather calm, "I- today is my first day... I'm Y/n." I said, my voice broke a little but he didn't seem to notice.

"Gilbert." He smiled as he hold out his hand, "Nice to meet you." I said and grabbed his hand, his hands were so big compared to mine and so warm.

He flinched a little bit at the coldness of my hand and he cupped both hands over my hands, my cheeks started to burn at his actions.

"You seem cold."