Chapter 4

I made my way outside with a smirk, "Andddd?" Cole came walking to you, I nodded my head, he smiled brightly before hugging me closer.

"Good thing Gilbert isn't around, I would be dead." I slapped his arm before hugging him back, Anne and Diana came running to us hugging us too.

"Did someone say Gilbert?" Anne asked, Cole smirked before looking at me, I could feel heat raise to my cheeks, "No, not all."

Diana and Anne shared a look but decided to say anything, "Wait, did you ask if you could sleepover?" I clapped my hand in front of my mouth.

"I forgot, but I'm sure she will let me, she thinks I'm at Diana's." Anne looked at me like I was insane, "You lie to your parents?"

"If you know all the things that happened outside the public eye this is the least worst thing I could do."

Diana stopped walked and turned to me, "So it is true, the accusations that my father has heard all over town."

I fell silent, should I tell them? Or should I just ignore the fact that they really are my best friends.

"I-I don't know what've heard." My voice broke, I was at the edge of crying and the cold wasn't helping either.

Anne and Cole turned to me before sharing a look, "T-That he beats your mother and yourself." Diana spoke very carefully.

"T-That is true, but he doesn't do it on purpose! He's protective of me! That's all!"

"Y/n," Cole grabbed your shoulder as you could feel the tears run down your face, "If hes hitting you it's not to protect you." He wiped away the tear.

I suddenly heard Diana gasp, "What?" Anne asked as she came from behind Cole, they all looked at my face.

"How do you cover all those brushes up-"

"Can we just... go to Anne's? I don't want your pity, I'm alright." The fell silents and I gently grabbed Cole's hands from my face and pushed them away.

I rubbed my face, "y-yeah of course. But you have to tell someone-"

I shook my head as I started walking, I shouldn't have told them.

*^*^*
"It was so funny, and I felt so badass!" Cole laughed, apparently a few weeks ago before I went to school Cole pushed Billy so his ear got burned.

I chuckled softly, "That's probably the karma playing up from all those things he did to everyone." I said, they all giggled as we were all writing.

"Don't you think that creep is gonna notice that they're all different handwriting."

Anne laughed out loud, "It's funny you think he is gonna read it all. Once you turn it in he just smiled fake at you and tells you to get lost."

"Probably true." Diana spoke, "Who's gonna sleep in this room and who's gonna sleep in the guest room?" Anne suddenly asked after a few moments of silents.

"Y/n and I will." Diana suddenly spoke, Anne smiled at Cole, "Looks like we're going be alone, buddy." We all giggled.

After finishing it all we started changing (without Cole of course) and said goodnight to each other.

Diana and I walked over to the door next to Anne's room and walked in, "You don't mind sharing a bed, do you?"

"Of course not, Y/n! You're my best friend!" She said hugging me, I hugged her back smiling.

We both laid down as the moon and the small candle beside my side of the bed was our only source of light.

"You have to tell someone, Y/n, you and your mother could both be in danger." Diana said sitting up.

"I can't."

"You don't have too, I can tell my father and he will help you."

"I don't know, Diana, maybe I'll be put out of that house and my mother will be all alone."

"That won't be the case, what's the worst thing that could happen?"