Chapter 17

*2 days later*

"Marilla, please, let me stay home." I pleased as I was still was in my sleeping outfit, it was very difficult for me to get out of bed.

What is he's still here? What if he left without it saying anything. If I was being honest I didn't know which one I would've like the best.

"No, and that's finale." She exclaimed, I softly sat down next to Anne he looked at me weird, of course she does, she doesn't know anything about what happened.

Hell, no one does. I sighed and walked upstairs but not without mumbling protests under my breath.

*^*^*
I decided to walk alone today, Anne was getting worried, I could tell. But I wasn't going to break down in front of her. I wasn't going to do that in front of anyone.

I felt bad for feeling numb to be honest, but I didn't care. He broke my heart.

I really loved him and I hope he loved me too but I guess we're just kids that didn't know how to love..

I walked into the school house, I hung up my coat and brushed the cold snow off of my blue dress. My hair was a mess but at least I've tried to make myself a little bit presentable.

"Good morning, Y/n." Mrs Stacy smiled at me, I smiled half heartedly and sat down, "Y/n, do you possibly know where Gilbert is." The small voice of ruby was heard beside me.

"I would I know? I wasn't suppose to talk to him because you're such a cry baby, so do me a favor sweetie, look at the teacher and try to become a little smarter then having 'dips' on someone who isn't even slightly attracted to you." I didn't have to look at her to know she was already in tears.

Anne looked behind her and stared at me, "Whats your problem, she just asked you a question." She said glancing at me, "This isn't the Y/n, I know and love."

"Get used to it." Was the only responds coming out of my mouth, I sighed softly and laid my head into my hand as I looked over to the boys side.

Gilbert's normal seat was now taking by Moody who sat next to Charlie, he really left without saying goodbye...

*^*^*
It was finally lunch, I stood up making Diana took my hand, "Come sit with us?" She asked, I shook my head smiling sadly, "I would much rather sit alone." She nodded softly but I could tell she was disappointed. Just like Gilbert must be.

I was being selfish, or did I have all right to be mad at him? I mean yeah he broke up with me but this is his future and if that's without him I know who much he cares.

"Y/n." I bit my lips and quickly whipped away the tears, I looked up slightly to see Mrs Stacy. "I'm so sorry for the state I'm into to." I said as I stand up, she shook her head telling me to sit back down.

She grabbed a apple out of the bag and handed it over to me, "I should be sorry, I insisted that Gilbert should go to the school I've told him about." I looked up at her as she gently sat beside me.

"What do you mean, insisted?"

"Gilbert didn't want to go at first, there was this special girl he couldn't leave alone. And I immediately knew it was you, I could see the way you two looked at each other that it was more than just like. Y/n, what you two had and hell I sure you two still have is love. Not all people find that."

"But- he broke up with me. How could you call that love?"

"Love is sometimes about letting go, Y/n. When you're older you'll understand." She gently said laying a hand onto my shoulder gently smiling at me.

"I'm so sorry that I did that to you two, but he'll be back in 2 years."

2 years?!