Chapter 18

(I'm just adding three boys into the story that aren't in the Anne with an e show but I thought it would fit.)

*one year later*

I've been doing a bit better, I guess. But I miss Gilbert a lot. He's been sending me letter but I didn't dare to open them, he's probably writing about how he has found a new lover or worse, he will never return to Canada again...

A lot has happened, when we went to help Mrs Stacy at the Town Hall Meeting Cole decided to stay behind, but must to our sadness we knew it was for the best.

Anne is starting to feel much more like a sister to me, and Diana and I have gotten even better friends than we were before. Ruby is nicer to me too but Josie is still mean. But that's probably how she is.

Diana and Jerry have gotten together and they are so cute together.

Bash... dear Bash got married and he even invited his good old friend Gilbert but he didn't show up. He didn't even let Bash know he wasn't coming.

Bash and Mary live in that house right now so she didn't leave in that hell hole she just to do, a lot of people are complaining about them living in a normal house but some people have gotten peace with it.

There's this one cute boy that really stands out, and I think Anne is taking a like on him. William, He has brown hair with green eyes and is rather tall. And very skinny.

He has a lot of freckles and Anne can't stop complimenting them, but the boy doesn't seem to mind. He seems also very interested in her but they are really blind. The both of them.

School started today again and I didn't know how I should feel, even if I'm sixteen we still have two years for school in Avonlea and maybe if I wanted too I could go to college. But I'm not so sure. I don't even know what I want to do.

"Hey Y/n!" Charlie came running to me smiled, I smiled back but looked at him suspicious, he never greets me like this. Never.

"Do you have a crush on anyone?" He whispered, I shook my head ready to walk past him, "But not even a smart guy with blond hair and puppy eyes?" He asked.

I turn to him and smiled, "I'm not looking for a relationship, besides, I'm friends with him." He nodded softly before looking at me confused.

"Wait, how did you know I was talking about George?

"Well, he's blond and you're definitely not talking about Billy." He grinned, "Should I tell him you don't like him?" Charlie asked as he wrapped his arms around himself. He looked so cold. Poor boy.

"That I didn't say, I'll talk to him myself." He nods before smiling widely, he's very excited that he can go back inside.

I blushed slightly, George is very attractive with his blond curly hair and brown eyes and he's probably the perfect distraction from Gilbert.

But I don't want to use him, so maybe if I can talk to him more I can fall for him?

I hung up my coat as I walked inside, my dark green dress bounced against my knees as I looked around the room.

Diana smiled at me teasingly as she saw George looking at me, I smiled softly at him making him turn a deep red before turning to Charlie.

I couldn't help but feel like I was betraying Gilbert, but we aren't dating anymore so I guess I can do whatever I want.

It's time for me to get over him.

Mrs Stacy still hasn't around while she would've been here twenty minutes ago, as I was about to sit down next to Ruby, George came over to me.

"H-hey, um, Charlie said you wanted to speak to me." I smiled and nodded, "Charlie asked me if I liked someone." He suddenly got very embarrassed and looked down, awww.

"I don't know if I like you, because we never really talk." He nods and smiled, "Yeah, I'm very shy, I'm sorry."

"Don't say sorry, it's cute." I could feel Anne's eyes burn in the back of my head I could almost hear her say;

"What is she doing."