Chapter 11

Cole and I made our way "home" and to get ready, I still didn't feel like I fit in that house in anyways but I decided not to tell anyone since I didn't want to come of as rude.

If I was being honest, she was just as bad as my father. She doesn't care about her children and I'm expecting that she only has got kids so she has to do less on the farm.

After school Cole and I have to work still we can't walk straight anymore, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty but this is insane.

Cole and I soon reached the house as we quickly made our way over to the room we both shared, they didn't have any spare rooms anymore so she decided to put me with him.

He's very cuddly in his sleep. It's kinda cute. He would make an amazing boyfriend, I sure hope he finds the right guy.

Cole handed me over one of his sweaters as I didn't own a pajama, once we've packed everything we walked downstairs but got stopped by his mother.

"What's the meaning of this?" She asked looking us up and down, "It's the yearly sleepover at school, remember? The one I also had last year?"

"I remember it not going to well." She spoke.

"I have Y/n now, so I don't mind." His mother stared at me, I swallowed loudly as Cole grabbed my hand, "Well were off."

*^*^*

"I swear Cole, she doesn't want me there anymore." I tried to convince him but he wasn't having any of it, "Why would she suddenly not want you anymore?"

"Well, everything you grab my hand she looks at me like she could kill me."

He laughs, "She never likes it when girls touch me, don't worry." He reassured.

But I just couldn't help but feel like something was off, yes she took me in. And yes she's sometimes nice to me but I really have the feeling like she doesn't want me there.

The school house came soon in sight, "Hey, what's everyone doing?" I asked, Jose was the first to turn around, she looked us up and down and saw us holding hands.

I looked at her with a crooked eyebrow, what I'm not allowed to be around any boy. She rolled her eyes and looked back.

"We can't find the key." Charlie, a friend of Gilbert spoke, Gilbert looked at us before looking down, I quickly let go of Cole's hand and walked over to them.

"Oh the little girl thinks she can do it." Billy sneered, I dropped to my knees and moved the pot with the flowers and it revealed a key.

"What was that billy?" Anne said and walked over to me, "Let's go." She said and took the key from me, Gilbert stood right beside me, "Hey Gil-" Before I could say something else him and Charlie walked right past me leaving me with a sting of sadness.

Diana grabbed my arm and smiled, "He'll come around, he always does." Maybe not this time.

I walked inside after them and saw the whole room already with mattresses, "Which side should the boys pick?" Charlie asked.

"Why don't we do something else for once?" Ruby's small voice spoke, "You mean boys and girls can sleep next to each other?"

"I mean, what can possibly go wrong?" Ruby asked, she stared intensely at Gilbert, he stood awkwardly in his place and played with his hands.

"Alright, Girls and boys, pick your beds."

Anne and Diana quickly made their way over to the two of you grabbed you, we walked over to the end of the row of mattresses and Cole of the last one.

Anne next to him, Diana next to her and me next to here. I was almost in the middle of the row but there were only two beds left.

"Charlie!" Suddenly a 'oof' was heard. I felt someone fall into my in progress. I look at my lap seeing Gilbert.

His cheeks turn a deep purple red as his plum, and very kissable lips parted, his brown fluffy curly hair was all over the place as his hazel eyes stared into mine.

"I-I'm sorry." He said quickly sitting up, I heard the three next to me giggle making me hide my face in my sleeves, this is going to be a long night.