Chapter 9

"This is scandalous! The hand man of our own major is a abuser?!" One of the woman in the crowd of people cried out, "I'm aware, I fired him and made sure he left Avonlea for good."

Gilbert talked to Diana and Diana told her father, the major. So here we are, Gilbert, Anne, Cole Diana and me of course.

The major didn't want any of the children to be there at this moment but Diana found a way inside that het father nor mother know about.

"Do you think the child and the mother will be safe?" Mrs Mackenzie asked, "Perhaps it's normal for some people that woman just get hit but not with me." Cole stared at his mother in pure disbelief.

I looked over to him and he shallowed, "What is she doing?" I asked, he ignored me and grabbed my hand. I sighed and looked back at the adults arguing.

I could feel a strong stare at the side of my face and I immediately knew who it was.

"The mother is put into the best doctors post the town has ever known she suffering from something that we don't yet know about, and the child is at the Blythe house." Bash stood up and nodded.

A few people started talking as he did that, racist. What the hell is wrong with these people?

"But she unfortunately can't stay any longer, we don't have enough room for more than 2 people."

Mrs Mackenzie stood up, "I'm willing to take her in." The four us gasped as those words left her lips, Cole suddenly hugged him closer making me giggle, "Yes! I finally have a sister that I can actually stand." He teased.

Anne and Diana walked over to us and hugged us, "We're so happy that you're safe know, Y/n."

Gilbert stood next to his with a clinched jaw, he stood awkwardly next to us as we hugged. Anne let's go and slapped Gilbert and whispered something him I couldn't catch. Gilbert rolled his eyes and turned away from her.

"End meeting!" I suddenly hear, I let go of Cole and walked over to Gilbert, "Hey-" he turned around and walked away, "Gil-" I grabbed his arm preventing him from walking away.

Cole, Anne and Diana quickly walked away and walked over to they carriages.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He spat as he pulled his arm away from grip a little bit too rough, I stared at him, "What is your problem? One moments you're super nice to me and the next you're being a complete idiot."

He stared at me as his eye seemed to become glassy, "Gilbert- I, I'm sorry I didn't mean it."

"It's fine." I softly smiled, "now I know who you think of me." He said turning around leaving me speechless.

I ran after him but I couldn't find him anymore in the crowd of people, "Y/n!" Cole came running to me as he grabbed my shoulder, "Come on, mother said we're going to get you a dress." I smiled softly but I couldn't stop thinking about Gilbert.

Does he hate me now?