Ch. 16

You wake up the next morning and remember what happened yesterday. You close your eyes and when you open them again another tear slips down your face. 

You lie in bed for another 15 minutes, quietly sobbing to yourself. You grab your phone from the nightstand and check the time. 9:23 am. You have to get up sooner or later.

You dress in black skinny jeans and an oversized plain gray hoodie. You try to do something about your tear-stained face, but nothing works. Plan B: Avoid social interaction.

You get in your car and drive to the Starbucks you normally go to. Which was the one closer to your old apartment. You park and lock your car and go inside.

You order a Sunset Refresher and sit down at a table for two and sip your drink alone. It's not long before someone joins you.

"Tristan?!" You say, surprised to see him here. "If it isn't my favorite customer. How are you Natalie?" Tristan asks with a friendly smile as he takes a sip of his Vanilla Latte.

"Not...very good," you sigh, taking a good, long sip of your drink. Tristan studies you for a minute. "Let me see, puffy eyes, streaked face, acting antisocial, wearing dark clothing. Bad breakup?"

You look down at your drink and swirl it around a couple of times. You nod and sniffle a little. "Yeah." Tristan looks at sympathetically. "Oh I'm sorry honey, bad breakups are the worst."

Tristan takes your hands in his and sets them on the table. He gently pats the backs of your hands. "Tell me what happened hon," He says. You explain to him the whole ordeal. Loki being a villain. Him lying to you. Him hurting one of the Avengers. And you...you protected him.

Tristan's expression changes multiple times as you explain the story. First shocked, and then saddened, then shocked again. "Oh hon, come here." Tristan says, opening his arms. You hug him and let his embrace comfort you.

"Thanks," you say as you go back to your chair. "I needed that." You add. Tristan smiles. "I could tell." You take your drink and walk outside with Tristan.

"You got work?" You ask as he leans against the wall. "No, actually. A date. With my boyfriend. Not to like brag or offend you or anything," Tristan says. "No offense taken," you reply.

Just then a car pulls up to the curb and the driver door opens. "Trissss!!!" A voice squeals. You raise an eyebrow. "Your boyfriend, I assume?" You ask Tristan, who looks down embarrassed. "Ah, yeah. That's him alright."

A young man runs up to Tristan and wraps him in a giant hug. "Jace, hon, drink." Tristan says holding his drink in the air with one hand and returning Jace's hug with the other.

(A/N: How I see Tristan and Jace. Tristan would be the one in the back, Jace in the front.)

"Oh

"Oh. Sorry." Jace says apologetically, taking Tristan's drink and sipping from it. "Ready to go?" Jace asks, interlacing his fingers with Tristan's.

"Yeah. Bye Natalie. I hope things get better for you," Tristan says as he gets in the passenger seat of Jace's car. You wave as they drive off. You lean back against the wall and sip your drink staring out at the cars that pass by.

After finishing your drink, you head back to your car. You climb in the driver's seat and sit there staring at yourself in the rearview mirror for about 5 minutes before heading back to your apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~♡ Miki