Ch. 23

You wake up the next morning, finding yourself on top of a shirtless Loki. What the hell happened. You remember very little, you encountered Thor, and had quite a few more rounds of drinks afterwards. You climb off of him and the bed, your head pounding. Damn hangovers. You grab a glass from the kitchen and fill it with water. You drink it as you head to the large window. You barely see your reflection, and you realize you aren't wearing anything except your undergarments. You quickly rush to the closet and put on an oversized t-shirt that comes down to your mid-thigh.

You look towards the bed to find it empty. "Morning beautiful," Loki says from behind you. You turn and peck him on the lips before leaning in to hug him, your head resting on his shoulder. "What happened last night?" You ask, still embracing him. "I know just as much as you do," Loki replies. "We had a few drinks, came in here, and the rest is blurry." You squint your eyes. "Should I assume the best scenario or the worst scenario?" You ask. "I would hope the best," Loki jokes. You smile and turn your head to look at him again.

"What is it?" He asks. "Nothing," You reply, snaking your arms around his neck. You stretch you neck up to kiss him again. "Damn, now I'm wanting to remember what happened last night." You say with a smile. "If only," Loki replies, kissing you back. You sigh. "We have to go do something now don't we?" You complain. Loki thinks for a second. "Yes, I believe the Grandmaster's little contest is today." He says. You groan. "Do we have to?" You whine. "Well, if you want to be a rude guest to someone who is providing hospitality to you then no, you don't have to." You roll your eyes and walk into the closet. "I'm going to change then."

You walk into the closet and find an eye-catching dress that gives you serious deja vu.

"Not too fancy, but still fancy," You say to yourself, inspecting your image in the mirror

"Not too fancy, but still fancy," You say to yourself, inspecting your image in the mirror. You step out and a look of surprise flashes across Loki's face. "Where did you find that?" He asks. You shrug. "It was in the closet." You reply. "Hm. Okay." Loki says, having his dark blue outfit from before on.

You both make your way to the arena and get exclusive seating with the Grandmaster in his box. "Nice view...I guess." You say, looking out at the large crowd and the equally large fighting area down below you. Loki comes up behind you and places a hand on your waist. "Come sit, it's about to start." He says. You nod and make your way over to the elongated couch behind you.

The Grandmaster pops up in the center of the arena as a large hologram. He greets the crowd and introduces the first contestants to fight. Brawl after brawl, fight after fight, and you place your cheek in your hand, becoming extremely bored with the sport. A little while later, the Grandmaster pops up once again as the giant hologram, thanking the undercard competitors for their glorious fights and deaths. You cringe slightly at the way he worded that. He moves on to introduce the first competitor of the main fight.

You weren't really paying attention to his whole introduction but are surprised when a short-haired Thor walks out. You stand and walk to the window to get a closer look. "Loki, is that Thor?" You ask, fairly surprised. "Yes, it seems so." He replies. "Huh." You walk back to the elongated couch and take a seat. The Grandmaster begins to introduce the opposing competitor. Green powder fireworks explode from the audience stands. You rise and walk towards the window again to see who it was. Loki comes with you. And once again, you don't pay attention to what the Grandmaster says. You widen your mouth in shock when a green, raging Hulk comes bursting through the doors.

Loki backs away slowly. "I have to get off this planet." He whispers. "Wait, what are you talking about?" You turn towards him, only to see he is stopped from leaving by the Grandmaster. You stifle your laugh as you go sit back next to him. The fight goes on and you wince as both the Hulk and Thor beat each other up. At one point, all is quiet as Thor seemingly had calmed Hulk down. But he didn't.  He was picked up by the large green creature and thrown from side to side. Loki abruptly stands up. "Yes!" He shouts. "That's how it feels!" Both you and the Grandmaster look at him with confused expressions. "I'm just a...huge fan of the sport." You roll your eyes and pretend you didn't hear what you clearly just heard.

You continue to watch the brawl and a display of multiple emotions cross your features. Especially when Thor, without his hammer, summoned lightning out of practically nowhere. Things were looking up for him...until you saw the Grandmaster tase him into unconsciousness via a chip in his neck. You frown at the unfair battle, and nudge Loki gently, letting him know you were leaving. He nods and lets the Grandmaster know before coming with you. You head back to your room and you spend the rest of the day talking and kissing and more talking...and more kissing, until night came and you both fell asleep in each other's arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~♡ Miki