Ch. 19

Loki smiles at the mention of the words. "After the day you left, I never thought I'd live to see you again. Let alone say those words."

You smile back. "And you'll never stop hearing them. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I-" Loki kisses you, stopping you midsentence. "And I'll never get tired of hearing them," Loki replies.

"Speaking of, what have you been doing the past 5 years?" You ask, looking up at Loki. After your heated make out session, the both of you decide to sit down on the ground. Loki leaning against the wall and you in front of him, seated between his legs, your head resting on his chest.

"I-uh, not much really, actually. I guess all I did was wait. For you. I couldn't exactly go to anyone else. What about you?" You look down and try to distract yourself by picking at your fingernails.

"Natalie? Natalie, are you alright?" Loki asks worriedly, leaning forward and turning his head to look at you. "I...yes. I'm fine, I just, after 5 years, you've done nothing...except wait for me. And I feel...guilty, and disloyal. I went to someone else after you. I didn't like the feeling of being alone. He wasn't exactly my ideal dream boyfriend, but, I guess I needed someone to go to." You shrug.

"So, what's your image of your ideal dream boyfriend then?" You smirk. "Well, he's tall, strong, has..." You take a strand of Loki's hair and twirl it around your finger. "Long hair. Perfect jawline." You trace a finger along his jaw. "His eyes, oh, I'd kill to have his eyes. He has the most beautiful eyes."

Loki chuckles. "And does he have a name?" You smile slyly. "Why he does," You say, raising your hand to rest on Loki's cheek. "And what might that name be?" You giggle to yourself. "James." You state, smiling like an idiot. "J-James?" Loki asks, clearly surprised. "Yep. James Buchanan Barnes." You say, still smiling ridiculously.

"But I...but you..." Loki says, unable to finish. You can't hold it anymore. You burst out laughing. "Of course it's you!" You say shaking your head. You stand up and turn around. You then crouch down and push Loki's legs together. You get on your hands and knees and crawl towards him. Once close enough, you drop yourself to the ground so that you are now straddling him.

"It's always been you," you say, leaning in closer. "Then say it." Loki says, his lips brushing yours as he speaks. "Say what?" You ask, a little confused. "Say. My. Name." He states, completely serious. "Loki. Loki Laufeyson." You state confidently. "Now you." Loki rolls his eyes.

"Natalie. Natalie Athena Tomlinson." He states, somehow with more confidence than when you had done it. You had forgotten that you told him your middle name. It was one of those late nights on the couch, just laying there, talking to each other until one of you fell asleep.

You smiled to yourself, happy knowing he remembered, even if it was such a long time ago. "You know, I always wondered why you're parents named you like that." You give him a confused look. "Like what?"

He stops and thinks about it for a moment. "I think I remember you telling me this, your parents wanted to name you something special, something...extraordinary. And as you grew up, you grew with two different nicknames. Nat and Ali. And surprisingly enough, your initials make your more frequently used nickname, Nat." Loki concludes, as if he were presenting some scientific breakthrough.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure you hit all the points there." You nod in approval. "But still why would they-" You stop Loki from continuing that sentence by covering his mouth with your hand. "Just shut up and kiss me already." You say, rolling your eyes.