Ch. 18

You could recognize that figure anywhere.

Thor Odinson.

Stephen mouths something to you. "Stay near me." You crawl a little closer, but stay as hidden as much as possible.

You find a good spot where you are out of sight but can still see what is happening near you.

"Thor Odison. God of Thunder." Stephen says, facing Thor. Thor lifts his umbrella at Stephen in defense. "You can put down the umbrella."

Stephen continues, making an umbrella stand appear out of nowhere. Thor smiles a little before setting his umbrella inside.

As soon as the umbrella hits the bottom you are teleported somewhere else.

You hear Stephen's voice in your head. "I'm going to put you in a dark place, try to make amends with him."
Make amends? With who?

Before you can answer your own question, you are in a pitch black room...or somewhere. You hear footsteps coming from ahead.

"Stephen, where am I?" You call out, a bit panicked. You hear his voice ring out in your head again. "You're safe, don't worry. Just try to make amends. Please. I hate seeing you suffer."

You don't understand what he's talking about until you see him.

You never thought you'd see his face ever again. Despite the anger and sadness and frustration he put you through, you couldn't help but be amazed at how little he'd aged over the years. He practically looked the same as he did 5 years ago.

That perfectly chiseled jawline, his piercing blue eyes, his wavy, combed back midnight black hair. He still looks the same as the very day you left him.

His head turns to face your direction. You see a shocked expression wash over his beautiful features. Your breath hitches in your throat as his eyes meet yours.

"Natalie?"

"Loki?"

Loki's pace quickens, as he makes his way towards you. As much as you hated him for what he did all those years ago, you never acknowledged that empty feeling inside of you.

For 5 long, excruciating years, your heart had felt as though it had been ripped in two. Like it had a hole you nor anyone else could ever fill. Like a part of you was missing. Like you were a puzzle, and you were incomplete without that one piece.

That one person, that one puzzle piece, was Loki.

Seeing him again, after all these years, you couldn't resist the urge. You ran towards him and wrapped your arms around his neck. Loki returns the embrace, gently placing his hands on your back. You nestle your head in the crook of his neck, feeling very calm.

And, being here, being held by Loki, it just felt so...so...right. You close your eyes and inhale the smell of his cologne. You missed him...missed this.

You open your eyes again and whisper into his neck. "I missed you. So much. I never should have left you." You say, regret in your voice.

"I'm so sorry. I just-" Loki pulls away from the embrace and places a finger on your lips. "No, Natalie. You're not at fault. I'm to blame. I shouldn't have lied to you. I-"  he takes a deep breath. "I just wanted to protect you."

Your eyes meet his."I wanted to protect you, because...because I love you Natalie."

Your stomach flutters and your breath hitches once again when you hear him say those words.

"Loki, I-" you start, but you find yourself at a loss for words. "Shh, you'll ruin the moment." Loki says with a devilish grin.

He places a hand on your cheek and runs his thumb over your cheekbone. His fingers trace a line toward your mouth. His fingers linger over your lips before he pulls his hand away.

"I, um..." Loki awkwardly states as he clears his throat. You giggle a little to yourself. "Shh, you'll ruin the moment." You comment with a cocky grin.

Loki smiles at you. "I guess we'll have to do this quietly then," he states as he presses his lips to yours. Loki wraps his arms around your waist, pulling your body against his.

You had forgotten what this feeling was like. All this time, you'd felt so cold and alone. But now, this warmth, this feeling. It made you alive again.

Loki's tongue traced along your bottom lip and you granted him entrance. God, how long had it been since you'd last been kissed? Of course, that one other boyfriend you'd had kissed you a few times, but it was not the same.

When his tongue brushed against yours, it was as if a thousand fireworks went off inside of you. This spark, this chemistry between the two of you, you had forgotten how good it felt. To be held, to be loved.

You pushed him against a wall, at least you thought it was a wall. It was all black around you anyways. His hands roamed your back and rested on your hips.

Loki lets out a groan as you lift your leg and his hand travels down the back of your thigh. You entangle your fingers in his hair as Loki's lips detach from your mouth to travel down your neck. His teeth scrape against your neck as he gently bites down.

A moan escapes your lips as you tilt your head to the side to give him more access. Loki trails his kisses down to your collarbone. You feel his fingers brush against yours and you grab his hand, interlocking his fingers with yours.

As Loki pulls away, you rest your forehead against his and lift your interlaced hands.

"I love you too,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~♡ Miki