Ch. 10

You wrap your arms around Loki's neck with your head resting on his shoulder. You feel Loki's arms snake around your back and pull you closer.

And for once,

you feel safe and secure in his embrace.

Like nothing bad would ever happen to you ever again.

After a few seconds you pull away, but pull him to the car by his hand. "C'mon. We have a gym to go to," you say to him with a smile.

He smiles back.

A short drive later, you arrive at the gym. You walk inside and show the employee at the desk your membership card. "He's with me," you add, referring to Loki.

The employee nods and motions for you to continue to the gym. You walk to the left of the desk and enter the gym.

In the period of an hour and 30 minutes you both go from station to station working out. Stopping every so often for a water break, of course.

You meet up with Loki 10 minutes later. "We should stop now," Loki says, completely out of breath. "Yeah." You say, nodding. You both walk out of the gym and get in the car.

You drive back to your apartment and trudge up the stairs, completely exhausted. You walk in and land on the couch. "You can take a shower first," You tell Loki.

"Okay," Loki responds. "Last door in the hallway to your left." You say, even though the hallway to his left is the only hallway you have.

You turn on the TV and go to Netflix. You decide to watch Riverdale while you wait for Loki. A few minutes later you hear Loki open the door and you pause your show.

Loki walks out with a towel around his waist. "Please get some clothes on," you say, pushing him into the guest room. "No appreciation, I see." Loki teases.

"Oh shut up," you tease back, walking into the bathroom and turning on the shower. You take off your clothes and throw them on the floor, leaving your undergarments on. Just in case.

You grab your phone and go to Spotify, turning on your 'Shower' playlist. 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor Swift starts playing and you begin to sing along.

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset. She's going off about something that you said. 'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night. I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like. And she'll never know your story like I do.

But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts. She's cheer captain, and I'm on the bleachers. Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

If you can see I'm the one who understands you. Been here all along, so why can't you see, you belong with me, you belong with me.

Your voice rings throughout the bathroom, both harmonious and beautiful. And in that moment, it seems as though you are the only person in the world and everything, living or not, was listening to you sing.

Including Loki.

LOKI'S POV

I walk into the guest room and get into a change of clothes. I put on a white shirt that displayed the word 'KNEEL'. For what reason, I don't know. I also put on black faded jeans that I had found.