Ch. 17

~5 years later~
(The year 2017)

You open the curtains in your bedroom, letting the sunlight stream through your window.

It's been years now, and you've moved from the small apartment to a lavish and modern house in a small neighborhood. You peek out the window in your room that gives you a view of the street and the houses across.

It's usually not this quiet for a Sunday morning. Usually people are walking their dogs, mowing their lawns, or just chilling outside.

But no one's out. At least, not today. You glance down the street and as far as you can see, no one.

You decide to head out into the city which is about a 20 minute drive from where you currently live. You decide to go see a friend.

In the past few years, you made some friendships, and dated one other guy, who you eventually broke up with after a year.

You arrive at your friend's place and get out of your car. You look up at the majestic building, hoping to find who you were looking for.

177A Bleecker Street.

You open the door and ascend up the stairs. "Stephen?" You call, looking around the gigantic sanctum.

"I though I heard someone call my name." A familiar voice says behind you. You whirl around and see the person who you could trust all your secrets with. Stephen Strange.

"Stephen!" You exclaim pull him into an embrace. Stephen has been like an older brother to you for the past 5 years. After your crash-and-burn with Loki, he offered support when Tristan wasn't around.

He comforted you while you cried your heart out, and continued to support you in every decision you made. Even the bad ones. Of course, he would suggest otherwise, but still leave the decision in your hands.

"What can I assist you with today, Natalie?" He asks, offering you some tea, which you accept graciously.

"Nothing really," you respond, shrugging. "Just wanted to drop by, see what you were up to." You add.

Stephen smiles warmly at you for a second, before standing up abruptly from his chair. "What is it?" You ask worriedly, also rising from your chair.

"Don't worry about it Natalie, I'll handle it," he says, gesturing for you to sit back down. He quickly conjures a portal and closes it just as fast. "I have someone to talk to," Stephen says, getting up and walking up the stairs.

His cloak flies over to him and attaches itself to Stephen's back. "I'll be moving around the sanctum. I'll move you where I go, but try to stay hidden." You nod in understanding.

A few seconds later someone knocks on the door to the sanctum. Stephen teleports you all and you catch a glimpse of a tall, masculine, and blonde figure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~♡ Miki